Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first track day on Tues. Wow! More on that later...

I'm interested in installing a 4 point harness before my next time on the track. Has anyone done it? Advice for attachment points? Lessons learned?

Thanks,

JR

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
I'm waiting until I install a roll bar and GT3 racing seats to add a 5 point harness. And as yet, I don't know of any harness bar made for the R8. Until then I am using the great CG seat belt lock system. It really really helps you stay in your stock, non-racing seat correctly while going thru hi G turns, and lets you concentrate better on your driving.

http://www.racingseatsonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=2709&products_id=5774&gclid=CNiCkvXczpMCFQi1Igod2yq4hw

When tightening, put your seat into recline position as much as possible, then tighten fully. Once fully very tight, then bring your seat back up to normal. You should be quite snug for your next DE. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Would love to know how he did the connection points, especially for the shoulder straps. I'll probabally do this myself if it doesn't require serious alterations.

JR

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I'm coming back around to this issue now as I'll be back on the track in about three weeks. Can you send some pix of your install?

JR

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I also would be grateful for a head start on the job. bz888, you have had your belts in for months any additional thoughts? Bodhii, are you still in need of a solution? My friend is an Audi R8 cert. tech. and we have a number of good race / tuner shops in the area (northern California) were we could get the work done.
So, photos would help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts