Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just ordered the same kit. I will be installing the OEM Plus spoiler on my 2018 R8.
Do you think you can take a video on how to disable the active wing?
Where did you guys get the "kit" for all the mounting hardware? How much is it?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I got it from my Audi dealer. All the mounting hardware is about $1600 (may be a bit less in the US).

Here is the part's list:

4S0827567A - 1
N91042302 - 16
4S8813451 - 1
4S8813452 - 1
N02300213 - 4
N91173301 - 2
N10009506 - 12
4S8827699A -1
4S88279373FZ -1
N90737803 -1
420807739 - 4
N0386015 - 7
N91174301 - 2
4S0813657B -1
4S0813658B - 1
4S0813383B -1
4S0813384B - 1
N90496901 - 7
N90944604 - 1

The # in back are the # of pieces you need to order. Some are as high as 12 - those are screws, washers etc.

You can google each part # to see what it is.

·
Registered
2018 Audi R8 Daytona Grey
49 Posts
I worked with LDC_OEM on instagram, he sells all OEM and Audi Performance parts. (his email is [email protected]).
Quick shipping and received everything in 2 days to the states. (Paid 1,898 EUR for all hardware except the OEM Plus spoiler which I sourced locally). My local Audi dealer quoted me $3,500 -$4,000 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I worked with LDC_OEM on instagram, he sells all OEM and Audi Performance parts. (his email is [email protected]).
Quick shipping and received everything in 2 days to the states. (Paid 1,898 EUR for all hardware except the OEM Plus spoiler which I sourced locally). My local Audi dealer quoted me $3,500 -$4,000 if I remember correctly.

View attachment 262474
What you see on this pic is $1600 from the Audi dealer. I'm sure you can source those parts online even cheaper. The most expensive part is the carbon wing itself - I have bought one used (for another $1600) from a person upgrading to the bigger Vorschteiner spoiler. So $3200 total in parts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What you see on this pic is $1600 from the Audi dealer. I'm sure you can source those parts online even cheaper. The most expensive part is the carbon wing itself - I have bought one used (for another $1600) from a person upgrading to the bigger Vorschteiner spoiler. So $3200 total in parts.
@Elberoth curious are you having your local shop paint just the panel? Or will you be removing the rear end to spay as whole?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Paint whole rear end ? That would be absurd. You only need to paint part # 7

·
Registered
49 Posts
Paint whole rear end ? That would be absurd. You only need to paint part # 7

View attachment 262518
Yes, I understand that only #7 needs painting. I just talked to local shop and said that the best way/right way would be to spray the rear end and blend. Painting only 1 piece they will get as close as match but may be noticeable....Just curious as to what your plan was.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I can only advice you to change the paintshop you are using. Painting a panel on a brand new car with factory paint color to get perfect color match is not a problem for an expert shop. Likewise, they do not paint the whole rear end of the car to get a color match when you scratch the rear bumper ...

·
Registered
2017 R8 Crystal Blue Ara
172 Posts
I can only advice you to change the paintshop you are using. Painting a panel on a brand new car with factory paint color to get perfect color match is not a problem for an expert shop. Likewise, they do not paint the whole rear end of the car to get a color match when you scratch the rear bumper ...
Agreed

·
Registered
213 Posts
Got the rear spoiler installed yesterday.

Unfortunately, since I got my second Moderna jab 2 days ago, I was totally wiped out yesterday and wasn't able to go to the shop to take pics during install.

Now need to code out the active spoiler as I'm getting an error on the dash (as expected).

·
Registered
213 Posts
Does one need to remove the spoiler fuse after disabling the spoiler with the VCDS ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
In the original post it says you must remove the fuse as first step before going into VCDS.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Does one need to remove the spoiler fuse after disabling the spoiler with the VCDS ?
You have to follow the steps in the exact order as I wrote them out. If you don't remove the fuse before disabling with VCDS, the spoiler pops up because it thinks it needs to be serviced. With the fuse already out, it can't make that connection and you're on your way to having the spoiler disabled without any warning lights.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You have to follow the steps in the exact order as I wrote them out. If you don't remove the fuse before disabling with VCDS, the spoiler pops up because it thinks it needs to be serviced. With the fuse already out, it can't make that connection and you're on your way to having the spoiler disabled without any warning lights.
That is when you keep the OE retractable spoiler. But I have removed the spoiler completely with all assosiated hardware and put the fixed wing (with all corresponding OE Audi fixed wing mounting hardware) in place, so there is nothing to pop out. There is no electric motor left. Everything is fixed. There is only an open cable left (which I have taped out and secured).

·
Registered
423 Posts
This thread is helpful - thanks. A question that I dont think is covered:

The instructions to disable are helpful, but somewhat of a hack (elegant of course, and no disrespect meant!). Wondering if you have a gen 2 and opt for the fixed wing, can you also go to the expense of having the dealer disable the automatic function? Just curious if there is an OEM way to do this too?

If you use a mac and dont have VCDS, then its 600 bucks just to complete the instructions here (computer and dongle from Ross-tech).

21 - 40 of 79 Posts