Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 V8 R8
83 Posts
I was paying $550 a year for my Audi. Call the National Corvette Museum, they are very helpful

·
Registered
620 Posts
all i can say is definitely shop around. diff companies have diff ways to calculate premium, it might as well be random. Makes no sense whatsoever. Bundling the house and 6 cars and umbrella under 1 company is one of the most expensive premiums I got. I find myself having a strange combination of 2 cars per company as the best deal (1 car you dont get group discount, while 3 cars cost double of bundling 2 cars). Certain companies give huge discounts if you drive less (fun weekend cars) while some just assume you do 12k miles a year for the same rate. I do guaranteed values on cars that I think is harder to replace or find a fair comp per options. For most R8s though I dont think that's necessary (there are still plenty of comps out there), except maybe the 6MT models which are getting tough to find.I am paying geico about $600/yr for the r8 for doing about 3-4k miles a year. Agreed value from grundy or hargety is about 3-4x more and there are use, mileagea and storage restrictions

·
Premium Member
2008 V8 R8
83 Posts
Call the National Corvette museum I am sure they will be the cheapest at an agreed value....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get Hagerty Ins. I had to pay almost 5k the first year for just the R8! I set the price that I wanted! You can set your own prices on all your vehicles with Hagerty, within reason obviously! Depending on what you want your premium to be! I set all my cars a little high...

I Set the 2014 R8 V10 plus supercharged at 135k... after the first year with no tickets or accidents it dropped in half, then I added a 2005 AMG Mercedes and it dropped down again! I Don’t know why but it did! I now have 5 cars with Hagerty and I pay 1,400. Hundred yearly!

All these cars I set my own price
1960 mini cooper with 20k coverage
MBZ 10k coverage
R8 135k coverage
62 Bug 15k coverage
2008 Porsche Cayman S Limited Edition #248 of 700 ever made 50k coverage
For all 5 cars I now pay 1,400.00 a year
with Hagerty Insurance!

Hopefully this doesn’t happen, but If you total your car in 5 years from now! Hagerty pays you out the full amount that you set your price at. They don’t give you market value! You get all your money with no (if and butts about it)
There’s no depreciation and they pay you your set amount!

I’m just giving you my advice and experience with Hagerty Ins. But it sounds like you already got insurance! Good luck with the new ride! CRAZYATE

FYI, people underestimate the Audi R8 but it’s by far the best car out there!!! If you do the right mods to it then you will have the fastest car out there, it’s like having an IndyCar in your garage!!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts