Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My name is John and I'm the owner of Spawn Aero. We are a small company only housing a few employees. We are looking to see who would be interested in carbon fiber interior wrapped parts since we are looking to expand. I'm not selling anything as of yet. I do know I have to be a vendor / sponsor and I hope that this post is ok since I want to follow the rules. Im just trying to test the waters and if all goes well Id be glad to sign up as a vendor :)

Our plans currently are just to wrap customers parts and or offer core exchanges meaning we send you modified parts for the cost of the job + a core return deposit, and once you return your OEM parts (after you get our modified parts) we would refund the full core return deposit. If you keep your OEM part plus the modified part we use the core deposit to purchase a replacement part to work on and send to the next lucky guy / gal.

All our products and services have the highest quality materials put into the jobs. No cheap resins, no discount carbon fiber fabrics. Nothing but the best. Also we guarantee the fit and quality of our work. No wavy and distored parts here. We take too much pride in our work to have anything less than perfect leave the shop :)

So we are simply seeing who is interested in carbon fiber interior wrapped parts or maybe full replacement parts depending on the parts, and then we can go from there :) Keep in mind we are not limited to only R8s. We have open arms to any job or idea. You guys are the boss we just do the job.

Feel free to ask quesitons or PM me and below are pictures showing our quality. We will offer the same quality you see out there if not better for the current companies making these parts and offer a much better price :)

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Sample looks nice. Smooth, no obviously seeable waves or such. Good work. (heck, even OEM Audi has some weave pattern ripples in the fabric on one my Sigma blades) - c/f can be a total beast to get laid out smoothly and to keep the weave looking nice.

Pre-preg or are you soaking and bagging? (and if you're using pre-preg, where are you getting it??? - I've been trying to find some.)

Autoclave curing process?

What's the final surface covered with? Polyester or similar?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No polyester here! Polyester is not flexible and spider cracks when ageing. We use 100% epoxy to saturate the cloth. We vacuum infuse. Difficult process but offers (IMO) the best. After each product is pulled from the mold we coat it with extra epoxy, wet sand, then add on a dupont automotive clear. We then wet sand that, and reclear it for a super high quality finish guaranteed to out last our competitors.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Hi John,

I would be interested in principal, subject to price.
Where are you located ? If it's in the US are you happy to ship to the UK and Europe etc ? We have a lot or R8s over here!

BTW you may want to edit the word Lamborghini to Audi for this forum ;-)

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
As asked in last post, where are you? Do you have a website to show some of your current products or services? I know you mention that you have no products for sale, is that for Audi or for anything? Your photos are just from photobucket, so no current server? How long have you been working with CF and to what extent? Some company info would be helpful.

Edit:

I did search for your company name and found a few posts on other boards. It looks like you are in Chicago IL, right (found several posts from you here: http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-...aerodynamics-bullittes-cf-build-thread-5.html)?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the lamborghini name! We are just trying to expand right now. We are located in Chicago IL and we are a very small company. A hand full of employees ha.

We have been doing work for the 370Z community so yes thats our thread :D We started reproducing parts for the 370Z and had a few problems here and there. No more problems and we are now trying to expand our business into other forums and jobs. I personally have been working with carbon fiber for almost 2 years and feel that Ive been doing this for 20 years. I spend more time at the shop then at home ha! We work 7 days a week and as long as it takes to do our work.

We dont have products for sale for anything else but the 370Z. We do how ever have services to offer which is why I'm posting here. We want to start doing carbon fiber wrapping of interior parts and we would even be interested in reproducing itnerior parts in carbon fiber (depending on complexity since we want to offer a good price as well).

All of our work is guaranteed satisfaction and guaranteed for life! Of coarse we dont expect to have any orders as of yet since we arent sponsors but we are currently gauging interest to see if it woudl be worth becoming vendors here.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
There is plenty of interest......I suggest that you find a local R8 owner and work with them to get samples and prices to show on-line.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Yep, looks excellent but we'd need to see an R8 piece to make a comparison to other vendors...

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I would like to know what pieces you can make, cost and time for delivery. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts