Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a call from the dealer where my deposit is down about half an hour ago ... he is sending out some information in the post that Audi released internally this morning ... specifications ... dates ... etc ... :cool:

If the british postal system works well overnight ... I should find some nice details from Audi themselves on my dormat in the morning ... :D

Needless to say as soon as I can I'll post up details of the content here ... :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sweet, scan them in and upload them to the photo gallery and let me know. I'll submit it to some other news sites.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Got the info from the dealer today ... there are no photos to scan and upload, just some dodgy black & white images printed on what appears to be a poor quality laser printer.

There are a number of pages ... 9 in total ... with various types of information from an introduction to technical specs. Although the vast majority takes the form of bullet points, typical of information that a company might want to rapidly circulate.

The introduction doesn't even give as much information as can be found on the Audi press release published on various links already available, the Audi microsite probably provides almost as much information as the 9 pages ... with some exceptions and what ... imho ... are the key points which I've outlined below.

Technical specifications
Acceleration: 0-62mph ... 4.6secs claimed - although the RS4 claimed 4.8 for this stat and in reality it frequently betters this time in tests - so expect it to be sub 4.5 secs and maybe down as low as 4.25secs.
Top speed: 187mph - it doesn't say if this is limited like the 155mph of the RS4.
Fuel consumption: 13.7mpg Urban ... 29.7mpg extra urban ... 20.8mpg combined.
Front luggage capacity: 100 litres.
Weight: 1,560kg ... add 5kg for R Tronic.

Pricing - UK
Anticipated to be in the region of £76,000. Final prices to be confirmed at the end of October.

ESP 8
The combined electronic aids like ABD, EBD, ASR and EDL, will collectively as ESP get three selectable levels: Fully on ... sport mode ... fully off.

Rear Spoiler
Automatically raises at 75mph, lowers again when speed returns to 50mph.
Can be manually raised by button in cockpit.

Standard Spec Includes ... but not limited to
19" 5 arm double spoke alloys.
Bi-Xenon Plus Headlights.
Brake lights with LED technology.
Fine Nappa Leather Upholstery.
LED daytime running lights.

Optional Extras Include ... but are not limited to
Alcantra roof lining.
Magnetic ride adaptive suspension.
Stainless Steel pedals.
Bang & Olufsen Stereo 12 speakers with 425watts output.
Garage door opener.
Engine cover in carbon sigma.
Extensive leather trim options, i.e. lots of trim that might be - say carbon fibre ... like dash surround and monoposto ... can be leather trimmed.

Paint and sideblades
Following paint colours available, with ... corresponding sideblades:
Ibis White ... Ice Silver
Brilliant Red ... Brilliant red
Ice Silver (metallic) ... Apollo Silver
Jet Blue (metallic) ... Ice Silver
Daytona Grey (pearl effect) ... Quartz Grey
Montery Green (pearl effect) ... Deep Green
Mugello Blue (pearl effect) ... Night Blue
Phantom Black (pearl effect) ... Lava Grey

The following two optional sideblade colours are available with any paint colour:
Oxygen Silver
Carbon Sigma

Key Dates
October 2006 ... pricing and specification guides will be available on audi.co.uk
October 2006 ... pricing and specification guides delivered to Audi Centres
May/June 2007 ... First Customer Deliveries

So, there you have it ... the above information and the details already published on other websites seems to be about as much as is to be found until the middle and end of next month.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I hope to post up this information on PDF and Image form here as soon as I hear back from someone. I dont think theres a problem as the information is already out there.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd expect to see Audi publish the full specs to their dealerships in the first half of October and before the end of October I'd expect to be picking up a brochure from the one who are holding my deposit.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am based here in England, and visited the Paris show today (Saturday). Both 7 speed auto and 6 speed manuals are on display. It is beautiful !!!!!

Sitting inside is a treat. The cabin is very spacious and there is plenty of legroom. The dashboard gauges and dials are clear and well laid out. Good build quality and well finished. There is enough room behind the seats to put a large golf bag, but that's about it. Space in the boot (trunk) is limited. The engine is visible from the outside through the glass rear panel, but I wonder how noisy it will be in the cabin at speed, since all that divides the two at roof level is an internal glass screen.

The target market is the Porsche 911 4WD turbo. R8 French price is listed EURO 107,000 manual and about 120,000 for the auto (prices include French sales tax). Options (in France) include the magnetic suspension set up, sat nav etc. Standard wheels are 18". The British model will be 19" and more options will be incuded as standard. No sunroof is available. Production starts january, first cars appear around May. The only engine is the 4.2 RS4 engine and fuel efficiency is listed as using 13.2 litres per 100 km (a little less thirsty than the RS4). 0-60 advised as "around 4.6 seconds". Top speed will not actually be limited, and is around 190 mph.

There WILL be a larger engine - probably the V10 from the Gallardo, but not until mid/late 2008. At the same time, the Gallardo will get a bigger engine. No doubt to justify the price differential !

The sectioned car on display shows the MASSIVE aluminium beams of the chassis. It looks very strong indeed.

There are no brochures or leaflets yet, but Audi (UK) said that UK pricing will be out next week. Look at www.audi.co.uk for updates.

The order books are open and UK customers who have pre-ordered (myself included) will be invited to view - but not drive - a car in November.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

... ... ...

The order books are open and UK customers who have pre-ordered (myself included) will be invited to view - but not drive - a car in November.
Excellent post ... I take it that by "pre-ordered" it means that you have a deposit down already. When I put mine down (see signature below) I was told that there was nothing more I could do apart from put the deposit down at the time and that I would be contacted as soon as it was possible to specify options etc.

If this is so ... roll on November and the chance to have a look at one in the flesh :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
yeah dealer has my deposit too, so cant wait untill novemeber, was thinking about visiting Paris to see the car, R8 England would you recommend going??

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hi TTej,

The two cars are penned in, and you cannot just walk up to one and get in. If you have a receipt or some correspondence from your dealer take it with. It will separate you from the crowd. The French Audi guy was very helpful indeed and spoke good English. We sat in the auto model for about 15 minutes, going through the features. He was just puzzled why anyone would want to put a deposit down 2 years before the car was premiered. Clearly, he doesn't understand the English !

Yes, if you have the time and want to see what you have ordered - of if you are still uncertain - its very much worth going. The show is in the south west of the city, so you can fly from London City airport to Paris Orly and get the shuttle to the show. Do not fly to Paris Charles de Gaulle. It's north east, and will take 1.5 hours and two changes on the train/metro to get to the show. Or you can drive and fill up with wine and beer at Calais..........

Here is the link to the show. www.mondial-automobile.com/indexgb.htm

The show is on until 15th October.

Have fun.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what will be the 0-100 mph times
Not sure if they do 0-100mph times ... but I can say the RS4 hits 124mph in around 16.5seconds ... expect the R8 to knock a few tenths off that time ... probably making the 0-124mph dash in about 16seconds flat ... quite likely sub 16 seconds.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi TTej,

The two cars are penned in, and you cannot just walk up to one and get in. If you have a receipt or some correspondence from your dealer take it with. It will separate you from the crowd. The French Audi guy was very helpful indeed and spoke good English. We sat in the auto model for about 15 minutes, going through the features. He was just puzzled why anyone would want to put a deposit down 2 years before the car was premiered. Clearly, he doesn't understand the English !

Yes, if you have the time and want to see what you have ordered - of if you are still uncertain - its very much worth going. The show is in the south west of the city, so you can fly from London City airport to Paris Orly and get the shuttle to the show. Do not fly to Paris Charles de Gaulle. It's north east, and will take 1.5 hours and two changes on the train/metro to get to the show. Or you can drive and fill up with wine and beer at Calais..........

Here is the link to the show. www.mondial-automobile.com/indexgb.htm

The show is on until 15th October.

Have fun.
Sounds very good, i think i have a old recipt for the deposit so ill take it along, was thinking of either blasting up and seeing the cars or getting on the train.

Im going to give my dealer a call in the morning and see if they can sort something out, my friend when buying his aston was given 'guest' passes which gave him and his girl access to the champagne area. quite nice. Do Audi have that kind of set up??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts