Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Andy from Swansea, UK here. 2007 V8 R-Tron, happy driving for 3 years or so. Nice to meet you all! Ive actually intro’d before but buggered if I can re-find the account details I used then!

Wondering if anyone can help:

Car been standing for quite a while... battery was too low start so clicky clicky on the ignition. Charged battery, turn ignition, car cranks fine, but won’t fire up.

Thought it might just need some time to pull the fuel through, but no joy, just cranks and cranks.

There is a yellow transmission warning, but not 100% sure it’s related. Think I’ve seen it pop up before on low battery and then disappear. Last time I drove the car was around 3 weeks ago, maybe longer, and all was fine.

Any geniuses have any advice?!

I have a nasty feeling this might get pricey and given UK lockdown not get resolved any time soon ..... :-(

Thanks everyone! Stay safe.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Hi Andy and welcome to the forum. I'm not too far from you down in the Vale of Glam.
You really need to get hold of a vagcom and then post up the error codes. They can be bought quite cheaply from ebay.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Welcome to the forum and as Trev says, you need to check the fault codes as many things can cause this problem.

·
Premium Member
4,269 Posts
I'd do as suggested above and try to pull codes with a scanner. How old is the battery? How long was it discharged, and are you sure it's holding / producing enough juice? What about the gas - how old is it? Do you hear pumps running when the car is unlocked and/or put into the aux power position on the key? You say the car has been sitting for "quite a while" - how long exactly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!
Just an update here and some very good news - might help someone one day.

So, I called the AA man to do diagnostics. He established a zero fuel pressure fault... which made perfect sense.

So,searching on this forum a bit I found this

I removed the back interior gubbins... pulled out the left 614 Relay, swapped in the other one and whammo fires up first time. Words cannot describe how happy and thankful I was.... So THANKS for the above thread and input.

I noticed a bit of moisture in the area, so I need to investigate that, whether it’s ingress or just condensation for sitting for a while - it may have caused the fault I guess..

Anyway, will buy another relay and fingers crossed, solve the water ingress.
THANKS!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
^^^dang that looks like water got inside your r8 but geez i'm glad it was just the fuse:)

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Looks like you have water ingress somewhere. I would start by checking the bulkhead glass seal and the high level brake lightl.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like you have water ingress somewhere. I would start by checking the bulkhead glass seal and the high level brake lightl.
Thanks. I reckon you’re right.
I’ve actually noticed that the car is often misted up in the morning when the other two on the drive are totally clear.... even when I’ve been driving it a lot and it should be dry inside.

I’ll check those two places first.

Any tips on best way to check or is it just the hosepipe?!! ?

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
You could see if the carpet is damp around the bulkhead and floor area behind the seats and that may give you some idea of the area its leaking from. If you try a hose to find the leak you could put your phone on video record inside and see if it captures anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey just a quick bit of info in case any future person find this thread - it took me a while to confirm this.

The 614 Relay has been superseded by the 644 Relay. It’s basically the same .... maybe improved design or something... but its 70A, 12V and fits.

I‘ve replaced both the 614s with 644s and all is now tickedy-boo.

Not found a leak yet though!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts