Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just received my 2009 R8 and i am totally in love with this car. i was wondering if anyone experienced problems while synching contacts from iphone. i am having a lot of problems trying to get my contacts synched. the phone connect perfect but when trying to access the phonebook i get the "please wait" message and it stays there for a long time. any help on this would be appreciated? thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry by the way i am using the 3G Iphone was not sure if anyone has synched it with the R8 bluetooth phone.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
sorry by the way i am using the 3G Iphone was not sure if anyone has synched it with the R8 bluetooth phone.
My "old" iPhone sync's without any problems. It does take a few minutes to load the full list from my phonebook. I updated the phone to the new iPhone software (release 2) and it still works fine ...this is the same SW release as on the G3 iPhone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it pairs no problem but phonebook is empty. recent calls made it real quick but phonebook made it once and this morning it was gone. when trying to access the phone book from the wheel it says "please wait" but it stays in that mode forever.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my '08 S8, in fact the only contact it shows, is the Audi Salesman. Arggg.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my '08 S8, in fact the only contact it shows, is the Audi Salesman. Arggg.
I checked the behavior of my iPhone again this evening and it does work fine (all of the address book is visible on the MMI after it has had time to load ...not very long). I had a thought ... in my iPhone I don't have any numbers stored on the SIM card ...only in the phone directory. Maybe in your case, the car is reading the number(s) stored on the SIM????

·
Registered
78 Posts
i just received my 2009 R8 and i am totally in love with this car. i was wondering if anyone experienced problems while synching contacts from iphone. i am having a lot of problems trying to get my contacts synched. the phone connect perfect but when trying to access the phonebook i get the "please wait" message and it stays there for a long time. any help on this would be appreciated? thanks.
My blackberry curve works perfectly and gives me my phone book , received calls and missed calls.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I had the same problem, well not really i had no problem with the 2G and NO problem with the 3G until ...........i had this stupid virtual voicemail activated.
i had to upgrade something by connecting the phone again to iTunes and since then....no more contacts etc.
Swisscom could not reset the phone because once done that's basically it, well i gave the 3G back and use my 2G iPhone

If some of you have activated virtual voicemail then you know where the problem comes from

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I had the same problem, well not really i had no problem with the 2G and NO problem with the 3G until ...........i had this stupid virtual voicemail activated.
i had to upgrade something by connecting the phone again to iTunes and since then....no more contacts etc.
Swisscom could not reset the phone because once done that's basically it, well i gave the 3G back and use my 2G iPhone

If some of you have activated virtual voicemail then you know where the problem comes from
I have virtual voice mail activated on my 2G phone ...no problems.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i just checked in the R8 with both 2G & 3G iPhones works perfect, phonebook , missed calls just everything.....in the S8 only handsfree is working:confused: :confused: :confused: .

No music files will be transmitted by bluetooth to prevent from transferring music from iTunes to somebody else's iPhone.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I just picked up my 2009 R8 and everything worked great on syncing my iphone except the contacts would not show on the MMI. After finding this thread and doing a search of the internet, I finally found a solution. Posting it here hoping it will help someone else:

EASY TO FIX CONTACT SYNC WITH iPHONE!!!

1.Unpair iPhone to your Audi.
2.Delete all recent calls (All & Missed) on your iphone
3.Pair your iPhone to your Audi
4.Wait a few minutes and your contacts display on the MMI

This worked for me with 1st gen iphone and updated firmware.

·
Registered
148 Posts
My 3G iphone running v2.1 software works perfectly with my R8 (and RS4). I have over 500 contacts in the phone so it took a while before they all appeared. I read somewhere that RNS-E systems can handle 500 contacts and MMI systems can handle 1000. Since the S8 is a true MMI system, there may be some differences.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Seems like a mixed bag of results. Mine would sync everything but the contacts. If I pushed the mode button I would get a "please wait" message. I reset my phone and waited over 3 hours for it to load and nothing. Searching other boards, I found that it was hit or miss. Some people's phones synced no problem and then others wouldn't work. I found the solution on an A4 board and it worked immediately for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts