Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Has anyone gotten the iPhone cradle? I ordered one from OEMPl.us and they checked my VIN and apparently there should be a spot for me to connect this under the armrest. I don't have anything there. I guess they're just as confused as I am as they're no longer answering emails.

Anyone else successfully hooked up one of these? I'm wondering if it's a change in the MY09 cars or something?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got one for my 09 car, from Audi, fits under armrest in the base cradle supplied as part of the Bluetooth option - works fine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here is a pic of the unit installed with the phone. Also a pic of the box with part number. It will only charge the phone so still connects via bluetooth. You can not insert the phone in the cradle with any kind of case around it. Its a really tight fit.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I've got the kit... and there's no where to connect it to. They checked my VIN first to make sure I had the right parts, yet there's nothing there.

Eff it.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
It will only charge the phone so still connects via bluetooth.
So if the Bluetooth connection provides all cell phone functionality, this only charges the phone in the armrest? That's a $199 cell phone charger! If, at some point in the future, the firrmware is upgraded to read iTunes music on the iPhone, I'm in.

Oddly, but probably by design, I can not locatea "male iPod Dock:female iPod Dock" cable you woul need to connect to the port in the arm rest. Guess they want you to buy the $199 version.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, its an expensive charger. Supposedly it is supposed to connect to an antenna in the car and provide better cell coverage, but I have yet to really see the difference here.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i really just wanted somewhere to stick the phone and charge it... and if scrolling through music somehow became an option down the line.. great.

In all honesty, for a car of this caliber... the tech sucks.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Truly, for example, no memory for the drivers seat positions?
Well, Ummm..., I just don't let anyone else drive my car! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts