Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
The last one is exactly how I'd want mine to be. I don't think importing from Europe to Canada is easy though unfortunately due to the regulations unless the car is 15 years or older. The prices in Europe seem to be very fair after converting as well. I'll look around for brokers that specialize in importing cars from Europe but I've never heard of it happening on a newer car, thanks

shoot me a pm and I can check with Bilkompaniet how such a export and import would look like :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I’m all for getting exactly what you want, especially when paying a premium like you are in todays market. I totally understand not even considering Vegas Yellow as it’s so far from what your desire to have a white R8 but Suzuka gray is a great color and it’s very close to white,

I always say if you have a Suzuka gray car and say, for example someone wants to call the cops on you, there’s no way they’re calling in and saying a grey R8 just blew by me on the highway, no, they’re saying a white R8 just blew by me because it appears white. Unless it’s parked literally next to a white car in a parking lot, the car looks like white with a slight grey in it.
You might wait another 6 months or more for a white R8 to pop up. If you like the spec otherwise, I say go for the Suzuka grey.

As for the exhaust button question, yes Sport exhaust is an option on non plus/performance models and standard on plus and performance models here in Canada.
How do the non-sport exhaust versions work? Does the car keep valves open all the time? Or only in sport mode? How does it work with an aftermarket exhaust?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes, they open in Sport mode

ps. go for the Sazuka, its a beautiful colour ;)

Thanks! Yes im definitely leaving towards it after the responses in this thread. I'll reach out to the dealer and see if it's still available. I am a bit worried on why it's been for sale for so long, as I'd be a bit worried that resale in a couple years may be difficult.

·
Registered
2023 Audi R8 Performance RWD (ETA March 2023)
146 Posts
Thanks! Yes im definitely leaving towards it after the responses in this thread. I'll reach out to the dealer and see if it's still available. I am a bit worried on why it's been for sale for so long, as I'd be a bit worried that resale in a couple years may be difficult.
I'm sure the main reason it is sitting (along with a lot of other 2017-2018 units available online) is simply because of the price and not because of something mechanical or some claim.

There are about 6-8 right now that haven't moved for months because the asking prices have all raised to 190 upward to 229k for these 2017/2018 years. Near it's original MSRP. I'm sure that caused some to look toward newer vehicles or trying their luck with a 2022/2023 allocation which would cost nearly the same.

All you can do is put in an offer you're comfortable with (if market corrects a few years from now) and see if they bite.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Go to the Audi website and enter the chat. Send them your vin. They will only be able to send you numbers by exterior and interior color like I listed. They don't have numbers for various other options.
Did it, there were four total Suzuka Gray 22 Quattros produced. I am one of two with the back interior w/ red diamond stitch combo. Pretty cool the chat on the Audi site will get you this information!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm sure the main reason it is sitting (along with a lot of other 2017-2018 units available online) is simply because of the price and not because of something mechanical or some claim.

There are about 6-8 right now that haven't moved for months because the asking prices have all raised to 190 upward to 229k for these 2017/2018 years. Near it's original MSRP. I'm sure that caused some to look toward newer vehicles or trying their luck with a 2022/2023 allocation which would cost nearly the same.

All you can do is put in an offer you're comfortable with (if market corrects a few years from now) and see if they bite.

They just raised the price by $10k lol not sure what the reasoning is when they haven't been able to sell it at $199k for over 6 months. Maybe they read this thread

·
Registered
2023 Audi R8 Performance RWD (ETA March 2023)
146 Posts
They just raised the price by $10k lol not sure what the reasoning is when they haven't been able to sell it at $199k for over 6 months. Maybe they read this thread
Lol wild. Might be automated systems too that scan other listings and adjust as necessary.
There's a 2015 V10+ out in Moncton. Initial listing mid 150s i believe and increased every few days by several thousand. Has made it's way to 170 now.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts