Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
213 Posts
Intake, exhaust and a tune will change that feeling very fast (pun intended).

I've always kept my cars stock for a few months to get accustomed to them and then started modding to rekindle the love.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have a Capristo exhaust, which I love, and a pedal box, which I couldn't be without. I'm just wondering if a tune makes that much difference.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Well 50whp is a difference for me. That’s about what vf nets you

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think your just getting used to it brother. I vacillated over popping in a twin turbo from Heffner (who’s pretty local for me) but ended up just buying a 2020 Performance Spyder. Way more expensive then turbo wouldve been but I can’t wipe the smile off my face with the added ponies, less weight and updated technologies. Let me close by saying your car is bad ass and still screams brother....even stock

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Okay, so I went out in the car today with an old school friend. It felt amazing. Sorry to have wasted everyone's time!

But I think that what's interesting is the number of people who seem to agree that it's about your state of mind when driving. We all get used the the sensation of acceleration no matter how fast it is. Fighter pilots get used to pulling Gs that would make most of us pass out. They've just got used to it. This explains why so many of us get caught up in never-ending upgrades to speed, people are chasing that initial buzz they've got from something they've now got used to.

It's important to get some perspective, drive a normal car for a bit, and then look forward to Sunday morning.

·
Premium Member
2,353 Posts
It's important to get some perspective, drive a normal car for a bit, and then look forward to Sunday morning.
"NORMAL CAR" This is the problem, only have the R8 and a 220bhp 160Kg motorcycle so the R8 feels slow LoL as would a V10 too. :cool:

·
Registered
580 Posts
the base v10 is rather lazy, get a tune. I believe all cars from 475-620hp is a kind of "confident fast", meaning they are plenty fast enough to make your wife giggle but they are not "scary fast". And that's great because you can push it to 100% all the time and fully enjoy it, so i have no desire to go 800-1000hp scary fast cars because of the limited use and having to drive it like riding a wild beast, too much stress and takes all the fun away, or u are constantly feeling frustrated because there's nowhere to unleash that power. I find the r8 plenty fast under 120, it's above that that I start to feel the weight dragging it down

21 - 28 of 28 Posts