Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A V10 on test at the 'ring ... have a look at the picture and thread on Fourtitude ... click here ... obvious differences are the change to the sideblade ... and the side skirt under the door.

·
Registered
782 Posts
It can also be a photoshop? But if it's not it must be a V10.

Check also the 4points seatbelts :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It can also be a photoshop?
It could be a photoshop picture ... although it doesn't look like it is ... I feel that it is a genuine photo that has not been edited ... of course I could be wrong.
Check also the 4points seatbelts :)
Probably just a safety thing for testing purposes ... although they are useful and keep you really pinned in place on a track ... I don't think I'd be too keen to have them on a road going car.

·
Registered
617 Posts
It could be a photoshop picture ... although it doesn't look like it is ... I feel that it is a genuine photo that has not been edited ... of course I could be wrong.
Probably just a safety thing for testing purposes ... although they are useful and keep you really pinned in place on a track ... I don't think I'd be too keen to have them on a road going car.
Nice styling changes which does hint at a bigger engine and cooling requirements. Bring it on :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice styling changes which does hint at a bigger engine and cooling requirements. Bring it on :) :) :) :) :)
Indeed ... subtle but no doubt effective enough to provide more air ... although not sure what benefit the side skit would provide ... :confused: ... maybe it's purely a styling thing ... maybe it helps the airflow round the rear wheels ... either way I think it does look rather nice ... :)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Indeed ... subtle but no doubt effective enough to provide more air ... although not sure what benefit the side skit would provide ... :confused: ... maybe it's purely a styling thing ... maybe it helps the airflow round the rear wheels ... either way I think it does look rather nice ... :)
Well... It is V10 test mule. Bigger side vents and side skits look horrible IMHO and I saw few extra pics... Simply horrible-pimp my ride style:( on R8...

Problem is apparently that V10 need more air to breath freely then V8.

If V10 will look like this mule on the pics-NO V10 version for me.

Side skit...:confused: What were they thinking about:confused: ??

That potential V10 costumer is a drug dealer which currently use BMW M3:mad: !?

Sorry to be harsh, but I am very dissapoined with this test mule looks-Audi simly destroyed nice exciting line of original R8 design here IMO.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I dont know what to think now... at first i thought its nice, but it feels artificial.. well as it is only test, i dont think they will bring it in like this for prod... they probably will do some more sophisticated changes to make the
v10 more different to v8

BUT, for me.. no v10... i want to have that V8 sound ;)

·
Registered
617 Posts
The more I reflect on this pictiure, the more I think they need to work on the final shape of the airintakes. They still need to get a smoother total finish to the bodywork while still increasing the apperture to force more air in.

As for the side sills, I think they look fine and I could sse these as an aftermarket add on for V8's as well. Will at least reduce spray up the sides from mucky road conditions.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well... It is V10 test mule. Bigger side vents and side skits look horrible IMHO and I saw few extra pics... Simply horrible-pimp my ride style:( on R8...Problem is apparently that V10 need more air to breath freely then V8. If V10 will look like this mule on the pics-NO V10 version for me. Side skit...:confused: What were they thinking about:confused: ??
That potential V10 costumer is a drug dealer which currently use BMW M3:mad: !?
Sorry to be harsh, but I am very dissapoined with this test mule looks-Audi simly destroyed nice exciting line of original R8 design here IMO.
Kreso - It's wonderful to hear each persons' viewpoints on design. Clearly you think Audi 'got it right' with the existing design, and don't want to see any changes. I respect your opinion!

But, I think the "R10" test car shown is cool; I love it! And I would add wider wheels, maybe change the suspension ECU, etc. I would hope they could keep the aero clean with no more wing though; that's one of the things I don't like about the 997T, too much blingy wing.......

I grew up as a 'hotrodder', modifying anything I could. More was always better, (even when it really wasn't)!

I hope I can take delivery on my R10 in Europe so we can meet at the Nurburgring - then you'll be sorry you didn't get a V10!!

Best,
James

PS - Chris is right about the V8 sound tho....
have you ever heard a good sound from the Gallardo?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have to agree it doesn't look as ... 'clean' ... as the V8.

I don't mind the sideskirt ... it's not too 'blingy blingy' ... but they do need to do something with the intakes.

Trouble is I doubt they will want to make any ... 'major' structural changes ... which is a shame as they could possibly change the door profile slightly ... maybe making the area along side the intake push in more to increase the size of the intake ... maybe also make a subtle change to the top of the door and make it come out slightly more to help allow a smoother sideblade look ... by combining both of these changes they could increase the intake size and lose that nasty bulging look of the sideblade.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
photoshop, and a poor one at that.
Having now 'zoomed in' ... and looked at the picture at 500% rather than ... normal 100% viewing ... it doesn't look as convincing as it does at a 'quick glance' ... I think I'd be tempted to agree ... it does look like a 'photoshop' edit ... rather than a genuine picture ... just a few too many unexpected straightline markings in the graduations in the image ... normal photos rarely exhibit strightline graduations ... text deleted ... although to be fair there are poor areas all over the photo ... maybe it was just taken on a zoom lens with a poor resolution and thus the image quality is not great ... :confused:

image removed

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is a real car...
When you said it was a test mule I took it for granted that it was ... but when 'harjitmann' voiced his concern of it being a photoshop ... I had a closer look and thought he had a fair point ... however, subsequent images kind of kill off the photoshop theory ... hence the removal of the image from my previous post ... it must just be a poor quality image.

However, I still think Audi should have a look at my ideas in the image I posted with some reasoning in a previous post ... here ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts