Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to facelift 2010 V10 to a Mk2 ? If so what do I need to change ? I鈥檓 assuming bumper, lights and bonnet. Do the wings need changing and electrical components ? Thanks in advance guys 馃憤

Registered
2011 R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
I have seen a rear tail light conversion kit, but much more than that is going to be a lot of parts and custom fitment.

Registered
For the amount of money that would cost, you'd be better off selling the gen1 and just buying a gen2. It'd be a lot less money...

Registered
2011 R8 V10 Spyder 6MT
And if you have an automatic gen 1, I'd agree 100%.

Body work might be easier than trying to make the gen 2 engine work with a manual though.

Registered
OP - some clarification as to what you are trying to achieve would help here. Are you wanting to attempt to upgrade to a Gen 1 facelift or to a Gen 2? Secondly, is it apperance items such as bodywork, etc, or do you want to include mechanical components such as engine?

Registered
2007 AUDI R8 (GATED MANUAL)
dang...why ruin the lines of the gen 1? it's a timeless beast. in a collector's point of view it's still the gen 1;)

Registered
Is it possible to facelift 2010 V10 to a Mk2 ? If so what do I need to change ? I鈥檓 assuming bumper, lights and bonnet. Do the wings need changing and electrical components ? Thanks in advance guys 馃憤
With enough money yes. I remember back in the day body shops molding mr2 or supra tail lights onto a civic. I remember seeing front ends of a Mitsubishi 3000gt grafted to a mr2 or civic as well. With enough money, anything is possible. Would I do it.....hell no.

Registered
He said facelift, so he probably means 2014-15 Gen 1.5 model. It is doable and has been done.

If you can live with oval tailpipes and slightly different front bumper (almost impossible to tell apart) it is a simple headlights and taillights swap.

I have done this on my car:

Registered
He said facelift, so he probably means 2014-15 Gen 1.5 model. It is doable and has been done.

If you can live with oval tailpipes and slightly different front bumper (almost impossible to tell apart) it is a simple headlights and taillights swap.

I have done this on my car:

Was this custom work or from a kit of some sort?

Registered
If you just want headlights and tail lights from a gen 1.5, all you need is the light assemblies and some wiring conversion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts