Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,302 Posts
It depends on what you want;

The Huracan has a crappier interior in my opinion (seats are a bit cooler though). It is definitely more performance focused on the suspension side and of course the exterior appearance.

If you want to drive it a lot, especially a semi-daily then the R8 is by far the better choice. One thing that pushed me away from the Huracan is I don't like my car getting a lot of attention especially in NYC. That's why I ended up with Daytona Pearl too - yes the car is still noticeable and gets attention but not quite like a Verde Mantis Huracan.

It used to not be much of an upcharge for a Huracan vs R8 but now it's ridiculous.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
What's weird is I feel a little self-conscious even in the R8. I had two women following me (borderline stalking me) in the car the other day. I am a married man (happily married). Whenever I get gas, people always stare.... for most people it's the most exotic car they see up close, if they are not into cars or car shows. But a lambo would be even worse!

I want a lambo deep down (I must), but I really don't enjoy attention. I'm more like the power guy behind the power kind of guy. For example, It would be pure hell for me to be famous. But ultra powerful. I think I could handle.
I had a lady follow me to the gas station one time just to beg me to sit in the car and tell her what model it was.

She was ugly so I told her I was running late to my meeting with the NFL commissioner. She believed me.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
I like them both.. I do not like the Gallardo though...ewwwwww.
I watched a YouTube video about a guy who has both and was comparing them (Huracan vs Aventador) and he said the Huracan is much more comfortable and if he had to get rid of one (which he was) it was the Aventador. He also had the Huracan with the VF Engineering supercharger, so HP was nearly the same.
Agree on the Gallardo.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
What is a P car? I do like Aston Martin, but the R8 is just an all around better car. I almost bought an Aston Martin, but the research just showed the AM to be subpar in almost every area. Also, I guess I'm not real sophisticated. I like expensive toys, but none of the snobbery that goes with it. I'm more of a Tommy Bahama 58 yr old. I wore a suit and tie for many years and never feel myself in one.
Ze Porsche ja!

· Registered
1,302 Posts
With the Audi R8 you get fans
With the Lamborghini Huracán you get OnlyFans
I've never been a huge fan of the Aventador as it's large and looks a bit cumbersome... but the Huracan, I do like it a lot. I think it's the better looking car over the Gen-2 R8, but you'd definitely be sacrificing for those looks... comfort, convenience (e.g., locations to service it), and cost (e.g., maintenance at Lamborghini tax-rates). Performance wise, there's no gain over the R8 as I understand it.
It's decently faster in the corners so it turns much faster laps than an R8 would.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Great point. It really comes down to your priorities:

• Miata/S2000 - Great car for a track and hair dressers
  • Lamborghini - You want to make a statement and have a car that sounds incredible
  • Ferrari - Pinnacle of automotive design/function/beauty
  • Mclaren - You also want to make a statement, but enjoy savage depreciation and blown engines
  • R8 - You don't want to make as much of a statement, and want to have a great sounding V10
  • Porsches - You love Volkswagen Beetles
Fixed that for you. :cool:

I'm a Porsche fanboy too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts