Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,718 Posts
I noticed you have both the V10 R8 and the V8 R8 in your stable... both supercharged... What have you to say about the Stasis supercharger on your V8? do you have smog regulations in your state? If you change the ECU in California, you can't just pop it back to map 0 to pass. You need to keep your original ECU and swap it for smog (as far as I understand).
CA smog is vastly difference than the basic emissions tests we go through here in MA/CT so I would take our supercharged inspection feedback with a grain of salt. basically all they check here is that you dont have a check engine light on and visually inspect for cats (maybe half the time they will even do that part)

· Registered
2,718 Posts
Correction - EV's have NO personality and for that reason among others, it is not a direction I shall be taking.
I have no plans to sell my R8, and my other cars will be ICE as well.
i hear you and hope this is possible but something tells me govt will find a way to make it very unpractical to not at least own a daily electric car...
closing down gas stations to the point where you are getting gas deliviries at home (like anyone with an oil furnace in their basement does) at $50 a gallon
adding annual property tax on registered ice vehicles that exponentially go up based on displacement

once we get passed the upcoming 2025/30/35 milestones of 'no more new ice vehicles sold' they'll change their focus to getting the remaining used ones off the road. they'll find creative ways to thin out anyone who isnt ultra stubborn and wealthy

· Registered
2,718 Posts
I'm a dealer and have had them all for my personal car over the last 10 years. Porsche cars are well built and drive very sharp but not harsh, great for daily's. Huracan is my favorite Lambo much more intense compared to the R8. Aventador is too big and shifts funny but sounds Epic. Ferrari's are pretty but build quality is subpar. I'm currently driving an AM Vantage with a VP Performance tune, downpipes, and its quite fast and very luxurious. But like you said the R8 is the best all around car that combines 90% of the plus side of the others with 100% reliability, ease of maintenance and not as over the top. R8's are my favorites. View attachment 281719
wow those wheels are gorgeous

1 - 11 of 12 Posts