Audi R8 Forums banner
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Administrator
6,396 Posts
I'm 6'1" and while I was very tight in my Spyder my new one has much more room due to the sports seats they now offer. They sit lower and are thinner than regular seats so gives you much more head and legroom and look great.
Car Vehicle Hood Blue Motor vehicle

Reactions: ExpertRanch

·
Administrator
6,396 Posts
Good to know. I'm 6'3", didn't fit the greatest in the Emira. I have heard Spyders are shorter inside, but seats do make a big difference.
Yea it's the same for R8, when I had mine I was thinking of getting a Spyder but was to tight because they make cabin shorter to have room to store top. I was driving sticks back then and didnt have enough legroom to use clutch comfortably, but now with dual clutch cars you don't need as much legroom

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
This thread got weird. I appreciate hearing people's takes on life and finances. I never take it as bragging and enjoy the psychology behind what people value. I'm trying to learn what I need to prepare for on 5, 10, 20 and 30 year plans. I'm like the Russians in the 1930s - currently in the middle of my 5 year plan of rapid growth and taking huge risks to get there. What I've learned on these threads is that some guys always wanted to retire and kick back and I just can't relate to that. I've been in the same town for 2 weeks and I'm about to go nuts and just want to get back to 12 hour days or longer working towards a stretch goal.

I don't at all consider myself a rich guy. I used to want 212 million liquid as that was Gordon geckos 100mm liquid in mid 2000s money, but then the more I got the less I felt I wanted. Then again, who knows as I really really really love pushing all my chips on the table and doing something everyone says is impossible. I have just not found any bigger thrill in life and I've looked in every corner I know of to look. All the extreme travel, women, action sports etc just don't hold a candle to having your ass on the line in a very real way. And international business is absolutely thrilling. Figuring out new cultures, customs, laws, tax codes, financing and how to get it done really is a challenge. I strongly believe the mind is like any other muscle. You just have to work it hard and stress it as much as physically possible to achieve more. At the end of this whole road, all I really judge men on is how much good they have done and in my case, I think I owe it to the less fortunate to try to crush business until I'm filthy rich and then spend the last innings of life trying to make a difference.

..... but first I gotta figure out how to get laid at Applebee's more effectively. Not doing so well on that.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
What is a P car? I do like Aston Martin, but the R8 is just an all around better car. I almost bought an Aston Martin, but the research just showed the AM to be subpar in almost every area. Also, I guess I'm not real sophisticated. I like expensive toys, but none of the snobbery that goes with it. I'm more of a Tommy Bahama 58 yr old. I wore a suit and tie for many years and never feel myself in one.
I'm a dealer and have had them all for my personal car over the last 10 years. Porsche cars are well built and drive very sharp but not harsh, great for daily's. Huracan is my favorite Lambo much more intense compared to the R8. Aventador is too big and shifts funny but sounds Epic. Ferrari's are pretty but build quality is subpar. I'm currently driving an AM Vantage with a VP Performance tune, downpipes, and its quite fast and very luxurious. But like you said the R8 is the best all around car that combines 90% of the plus side of the others with 100% reliability, ease of maintenance and not as over the top. R8's are my favorites.
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Sky

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I'm a dealer and have had them all for my personal car over the last 10 years. Porsche cars are well built and drive very sharp but not harsh, great for daily's. Huracan is my favorite Lambo much more intense compared to the R8. Aventador is too big and shifts funny but sounds Epic. Ferrari's are pretty but build quality is subpar. I'm currently driving an AM Vantage with a VP Performance tune, downpipes, and its quite fast and very luxurious. But like you said the R8 is the best all around car that combines 90% of the plus side of the others with 100% reliability, ease of maintenance and not as over the top. R8's are my favorites. View attachment 281719
That is a beautiful car though... :love:

Reactions: jbusa95te

·
Administrator
6,396 Posts
Another thing is how long can you keep a car? Its different for everyone. For me I get the itch to buy something new every couple years. Sure the R8V10 was great and kept that one a little longer than I usually kept a car so when it came time for something new I didnt want to stray to far and since that was my second R8 logical move was to go to a Huracan. Would have never even thought about getting a Lamborghini pre Audi but realized the Huracan was an Audi with a Lamborghini body kit. On my 3rd Huracan and no issues, thanks Audi!

·
Administrator
6,396 Posts
It can be daily driven same as R8. Maintenance would be more than R8 but not terrible but my car came with three years of free maintenance and I rarely keep a car long enough to own after warranty expires . This car i probably will since I want to keep last of the V10 and will add something else, possibly pick up the huracan replacement which they say will be a V8 twin turbo with electric motors. Probably good for close to 800 hp

Reactions: ExpertRanch

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
My prediction:

In a couple years Audi comes out with a “The R8 is back, limited edition” and they just adapt the Huracan drivetrain (V8 hybrid) with an Audi shell, as they always have, and sell it at a premium. You just KNOW it’s gonna happen

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I just had a long Thanksgiving dinner and talked to my dealer friend about r8 v lambo. He has owned several of both and his advice was not to buy one if you are going to be spending significant time in the car. He said the seats in lambo are less comfortable and there is less space for the driver. He said it's a less comfortable driving position and he would not want to take more than a 3 hr drive in the lambo but would happily drive all day long on the highway in the r8.

I'm not at all saying the lambo is a worse as I do think it's "cooler" in some ways and I'd happily have one. Just not sure with my lifestyle and frequent long road trips if it makes sense.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
I don’t do much long driving in my R8 anyhow. Usually fun driving, cruising around my area and backroad shenanegans. The sound of the V10 and the looks I get are what make it fun for me. This is probably the last week or so that I’ll be driving it, sadly…..Gonna put it away for winter soon :(

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I'm a dealer and have had them all for my personal car over the last 10 years. Porsche cars are well built and drive very sharp but not harsh, great for daily's. Huracan is my favorite Lambo much more intense compared to the R8. Aventador is too big and shifts funny but sounds Epic. Ferrari's are pretty but build quality is subpar. I'm currently driving an AM Vantage with a VP Performance tune, downpipes, and its quite fast and very luxurious. But like you said the R8 is the best all around car that combines 90% of the plus side of the others with 100% reliability, ease of maintenance and not as over the top. R8's are my favorites. View attachment 281719
wow those wheels are gorgeous

·
Administrator
6,396 Posts
I have done multi day 2k+ mile rallies in both my R8's and my first Huracan, other than less headroom in Huracan was about the same. Not sure I would want to do one of those type of drives in my new Evo with sports seats though. But I have done a couple drives where have been in drivers seat for a good 8 hours of driving and was fine. Only car I had an issue in was my Evo spyder, but I'm sure would have been same as R8 Spyder. But if my spyder had the sports seats I have now would have been much better since more head and legroom with them

Reactions: JuddS
121 - 140 of 141 Posts