Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here know how to do this?. Or do I buy one of a set of xmas light and hang them there? ; D

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Yeah, it's kind of trippy reading an old post . Kinda like watching your baby growing up. A simple idea gets run through the machine and viola...You don't want those glaring leds on while you are driving. But a softer hued flourescent bulb buried down low in the bay would be nice. A blue glow coming from in there WOULD be sweet. (on my jet blue) ,Any color, even red to make the compartment look on FIRE .:eek: :eek: :eek: Would be RAD.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Yeah, it's kind of trippy reading an old post . Kinda like watching your baby growing up. A simple idea gets run through the machine and viola...You don't want those glaring leds on while you are driving. But a softer hued flourescent bulb buried down low in the bay would be nice. A blue glow coming from in there WOULD be sweet. (on my jet blue) ,Any color, even red to make the compartment look on FIRE .:eek: :eek: :eek: Would be RAD.
how 'bout those air springs that make the corners go up and down separately and an external 1000w sub in the belly pan to really get that bass out there!;);)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
That sounds like Low Rider stuff ! the R8 is a lowrider...of sorts! and I have hopped the corners .You will too Willy 'cuz the chassis is so stiff , sometimes I bounce a wheel like a basketball while going up my driveway. NO LIE. Lifting the car from the rear jack point raises the front wheel as well. Come to think of it ...why use the front jack point? Just get a stand under the front beam ASAP. :) I never heard of anyone putting a subwoofer under the car. Best place for it if you want to annoy the neighbors ! PEICE OUT :cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
That sounds like Low Rider stuff ! the R8 is a lowrider...of sorts! and I have hopped the corners .You will too Willy 'cuz the chassis is so stiff , sometimes I bounce a wheel like a basketball while going up my driveway. NO LIE. Lifting the car from the rear jack point raises the front wheel as well. Come to think of it ...why use the front jack point? Just get a stand under the front beam ASAP. :) I never heard of anyone putting a subwoofer under the car. Best place for it if you want to annoy the neighbors ! PEICE OUT :cool: :cool:
hey, Harrison, you 'ol low rider you, assuming you're in the R8 corral at the Concorso, an old friend of mine from Seattle is going to look you up (told him to look for the wing;) just to say "hi!" His name's Ken. He's another old guy like me that never got over our car fixation! We used to autocross against each other when we were kids (late teens!). He's also another OLD CAR guy and he's got a classic '62 Alfa Spider under nuts & bolts up resto. right now with one of the best Alfa guys in the US. I know he'll be at the Concorso for the Alfas so I told him to look for you (since your car's the same color mine's gonna be). He's not sold on this R8 stuff yet, but he's never seen one up close yet!

Have a great time in Monterey, all you guys. Sorry I'm missing it this year.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
We'll be on the lookout for Ken. He will become a beleiver!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts