Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
… or is it like cowbell?

I have been debating adding carbon interior parts to my 2010 V8. I am looking at the door spears and handles, the steering and paddles, the center thigh rests. I then started looking at the gear knob, gear surround and entertainment system surround… and it’s a slippery slope.

Wanted to get thoughts around how much is too much :) I know it’s personal but any pictures to illustrate what you think is just right would be helpful.

·
Vendor
2,690 Posts
We have a full OEM carbon interior sets available. RHD and LHD available.

Try to stick with what was offered in OEM carbon. The iconic gear knob should always remain in metal in our opinion.

kind regards

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
DaveL has provided a thumbs up and to me he is the CF king. His car is lavished with CF and based on his posts and responses he sure appears to be a guy who gives considerable thought to adding it to his car. It adds your own personal touch and can that ever really be a bad thing to something you create? It's yours.....make it your own and never look back.

·
Registered
2010 R8 V10 Manual 2008 e92 m3 1999 mustang SVT Cobra 2015 Jetta TDI
299 Posts
… or is it like cowbell?

I have been debating adding carbon interior parts to my 2010 V8. I am looking at the door spears and handles, the steering and paddles, the center thigh rests. I then started looking at the gear knob, gear surround and entertainment system surround… and it’s a slippery slope.

Wanted to get thoughts around how much is too much :) I know it’s personal but any pictures to illustrate what you think is just right would be helpful.
carbon interior parts are awesome especially what comes from factory. in my own opinion however carbon can be overdone if literally everything in the car inside and out is just carbon

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
… or is it like cowbell?

Table Automotive design Desk Gadget Peripheral

These were my first purchases a mixture of OEM from Neidffaktor and JSK Racing.

Reactions: 3.14R8

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Unpopular opinion about to come out of me, but I don't like it one bit. Seems to me to be a waste of money. I mean, isn't it meant to weigh less and therefor make your car faster? But aren't most guys on this site fat ass Americans slugging down big macs and 40 Oz slurpies?

My vote is if you are overweight and have carbon fiber you are a bit of a tool. But then again, if you just like the looks then get the whole car carbon fiber. Who cares what some jerk like me on the Google thinks.

But I'm swimming in the med today (love how salty it is and how it makes me float) and would much rather spend my hard earned money in this than some fancy looking plastic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know you're looking for opinions, but we aren't going to be driving your car. I'm sure some of us like CF and some don't. It's personal preference.

If you want to go full CF, then do it!
Agree that I will be driving the car, but I get the feeling that I may be looking at individual parts and getting swayed but the whole may not add up. Hence wanted some experiences or pics to help.

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
I like carbon, but I'm about moderation with most things. The door handles, for instance, look a bit odd to my eye as they appear black against body color doors - which may work on black cars, but it stands out too much on other colors. Certainly the OEM carbon parts are tastefully done. I'd just be very discerning beyond that point.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unpopular opinion about to come out of me, but I don't like it one bit. Seems to me to be a waste of money. I mean, isn't it meant to weigh less and therefor make your car faster? But aren't most guys on this site fat ass Americans slugging down big macs and 40 Oz slurpies?

My vote is if you are overweight and have carbon fiber you are a bit of a tool. But then again, if you just like the looks then get the whole car carbon fiber. Who cares what some jerk like me on the Google thinks.

But I'm swimming in the med today (love how salty it is and how it makes me float) and would much rather spend my hard earned money in this than some fancy looking plastic.
Hahaha - have reduced as much weight on myself as I would like to and don’t plan to put any carbon parts on myself.

For me it’s the aesthetics and durability (comments?) versus the factory plastic that came on my car. Things like the plastic spears just look cheap to me.

Given I live in a country where a new R8 is over half a million USD, most cars themselves are wastes of money! But then again, coffins don’t have wallets.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We have a full OEM carbon interior sets available. RHD and LHD available.

Try to stick with what was offered in OEM carbon. The iconic gear knob should always remain in metal in our opinion.

kind regards
Osman, will def be in touch. Need to decide what I want to do first :)

·
Premium Member
3,743 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. It’s got a lot of what I am looking at… and then some. Any pics of after these were put in?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts