Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
If so he has his tow hook attatched up front.:)

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tow hooks are required before tracking one's car on all tracks. However many USA tracks are a bit lax with this rule.

Harrison, when are you going onto a track? Its about time you make this happen!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Hey Bodhii!! ****, you've got some good Web Searchin Skills!!! Yeah, that was me on the weekend! Soooo much FUN!!! It was my first time at Lakeside Raceway, AWESOME track. Was doing 62 secs laptimes on my old Michelin Cups!!

Once I get my new Hoosiers I'm aiming for 59secs!!! :)

Was about 4th fastest for the day. A couple of Lotus's and R33/34 Nissan GTRs were doing 60 and 61secs.

Once again, I can't tell you how much fun I had!! It was FREAKIN AWESOME!!

The track is crazy fast and flowing. Massive elevation changes as well. Blind apexes. It's scary!!! :D

·
Registered
935 Posts
Ya know whats funny? Some guys came up to me after the races and they said "Ya didn't look like you were trying!".

Well, first of all I was probably doing about 90% Max Effort. But, secondly, they don't seem to realise the R8 is SO well balanced, it never looks out of contol, so people think you're not trying!!! :eek:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ah yes, this takes me back to my early days in Queensland, Australia.

The Lakeside track here is close to a nice little town called Narangba (accessed on the back road) in Queensland and have been there to watch touring cars only once when it poured with rain.

Have to say its a mean track and the golf course next door isnt bad either !

Just calculated that If I went back there with an R8, I could buy a house on 10 acres with pool and tennis court when I left (back in '95).

How times have changed ...:eek:

-- Munky

1 - 7 of 7 Posts