Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to posting this after finishing up my honeycomb grill replacement. Maybe I didn't look that closely, but does everyone else's R8 look like this? It feels like the hood should be bent in by 1/8" on each side. Not quite sure if I put the bumper on incorrectly or something, but it does look like it's touching the headlight, which seems off-nominal. It's like this on both sides. Would appreciate any comments!

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Car Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
2018 R8 PLUS
130 Posts
In the picture, the hood looks fine, it's the bumper that looks like it is missing a washer or spacer that pushes the bumper out to align with the hood. Good luck.
Just wondering if your turn signals were removed for a dark wrap or were they left in place? If they were removed,
perhaps the bumper spacing was affected. Just guessing.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's not the same exact angle, but in yours, the bumper appears to be pressing against the headlight. There should be a space there.
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Hood

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe Vorsteiner wing/front lip 1016 side skirts, Capristo Exhaust
687 Posts
Needs adjusting.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes it's off, but the good news is that it is relatively easy to adjust. I've done mine a few times alresdy to get them lined up after work was done on the car (battery install, MT fluid change, mesh grill install etc.)

You can start by removing the three frunk plastic liners. From there you'll see a series of screws that connect the body to the bumper. Loosen them all, then manually align your bumper to the body and then start re-tighthening the bolts so they line up. The last screw on each side near the wheel arches might be hard to access without removing the wheel lining, but it's possible if you bend the lining back slightly. If the end result doesn't yeild your desired state, I suggest removing the whole bumper and then reinstalling step by step to carefully make sure nothing was missed when whoever last did this. Plenty of youtube videos on that process. Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the comments, and apologies for the delay in response! I don’t recall seeing any extra bits or spacers laying around, but I’ll definitely try unscrewing and wiggling some things to get it closer.

·
Registered
686 Posts
If the front bumper is attached with clips right where the hood is, like the rear bumper, you should be able to manipulate it a bit. When I was putting my rear bumper back on if you press too hard it'll go a little out of whack but you can pull on it a little bit. Check service manual to make sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm running into the same issue. Bumper on passenger side is lower and there's a gap from bumper to hood, and it's really tight on the driver's side headlight on the outside. Gonna try this and see if I can fix it.

Wheel Tire Car Grille Hood

·
Registered
2008 Audi R8
194 Posts
Yes it's off, but the good news is that it is relatively easy to adjust. I've done mine a few times alresdy to get them lined up after work was done on the car (battery install, MT fluid change, mesh grill install etc.)

You can start by removing the three frunk plastic liners. From there you'll see a series of screws that connect the body to the bumper. Loosen them all, then manually align your bumper to the body and then start re-tighthening the bolts so they line up. The last screw on each side near the wheel arches might be hard to access without removing the wheel lining, but it's possible if you bend the lining back slightly. If the end result doesn't yeild your desired state, I suggest removing the whole bumper and then reinstalling step by step to carefully make sure nothing was missed when whoever last did this. Plenty of youtube videos on that process. Good luck!
Awesome tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts