Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_1437.jpg

Interested in getting people's take's on the condition of this shock. Is it at a point of needing replacement or is this considered "misting"?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Doesn't appear to have much life left in it given the amount of oil residue accumulated at the base. This is beyond "misting" IMO.

How many miles on the car ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've not seen or heard of a set of Mag Ride Shocks making it past 50k miles.

I replaced mine at 46k and they were shot at all 4 corners.

Now at 79k with OEM R8 Passive Shocks and love the ride. Durability without much sacrifice for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've not seen or heard of a set of Mag Ride Shocks making it past 50k miles.

I replaced mine at 46k and they were shot at all 4 corners.

Now at 79k with OEM R8 Passive Shocks and love the ride. Durability without much sacrifice for a fraction of the cost.
I just took mine off at 48k and they were in great shape, no sign of leakage. I guess you're still accurate lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The car is still technically under warranty so I can get it replaced, but it's getting kind of annoying and I'm honestly considering just getting the fixed setup and calling it done.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
We sell OEM fixed rate options at super prices.
Please contact us with your VIN and we will run through the options with you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i was reading this string and am curious about OEM R8 passive shocks, do you have a part number for these shocks? i have a 2008 with 26K miles, shocks still okay but prefer to replace with something less of a problem

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
i was reading this string and am curious about OEM R8 passive shocks, do you have a part number for these shocks? i have a 2008 with 26K miles, shocks still okay but prefer to replace with something less of a problem
Fronts - 420 412 019 AB
Rears - 420 512 019 AB

You will also require a KW delete kit to prevent error messages. A few of the vendors on here sell them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts