Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am confused, are these supposed to be the identical color? nut just label differently??? Can anyone post hi-res shots of Tuscan brown interior???

·
Registered
96 Posts
They are very similar. I have Tuscan brown in my R8 and mustang brown in the A4. They are almost identical.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are very similar. I have Tuscan brown in my R8 and mustang brown in the A4. They are almost identical.
I ordered Tuscan brown seat to break up all those black, but I am having second thought about this. Exterior color is in silver. I just wish I can see one in person to be sure. All the pictures online are too red because of the shots. Do you mind sending me some interior shots? Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
This is my R8...

This is the A4

I would say they are pretty close to the real colour (at least on my monitor). My A4 has a quartz grey exterior, which is very close to silver. I was worried that the exterior and interior colour won't match before as well but I am very happy now as I think the combo is great. Here is an exterior shot of the A4 so you can get a faint idea

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi vjma, thx for posting these great shots, appreciate it. Two very nice car. The A4 looks great with the insert on the door panels. Can’t do that on the R8 unless I go with the exclusive package. I love the new design direction Audi has take in these past few years. I currently have a Q7, just love it. R8 is ETA to be here next year, can’t wait!

·
Registered
96 Posts
No worries. Glad I can help. I didn't bother with the extras too much except the B&O but I wished I order the reversing camera. You really can't see much out the back. I was very nervous in the first few weeks even with the parking sensors. If you are getting a manual also make sure that you get the hill hold function as well.

I waited for 9 months for my R8 but I can tell you it is worth the wait. Make sure to take some pictures later. :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries. Glad I can help. I didn't bother with the extras too much except the B&O but I wished I order the reversing camera. You really can't see much out the back. I was very nervous in the first few weeks even with the parking sensors. If you are getting a manual also make sure that you get the hill hold function as well.

I waited for 9 months for my R8 but I can tell you it is worth the wait. Make sure to take some pictures later. :)
Definitely will post some pictures when it shows up. I just have an ETA, once I have a firm date, it will be count down time : >, I ordered silver with apollo silver blade. How many miles you have on yours? Did you follow the thread here on the clutch replacement? Is that true?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've only done 3000km so far so I haven't got to the clutch replacement issue yet (hopefully later than sooner;) ). I have 2-3 issues since picking mine up in May and was trying to resolve them with the local dealer with no solution. Finally I wrote directly to Audi and they sent an engineer all the way from Germany to check on the car last week. Good thing is that they confirmed that those problems are not my imagination. Bad thing is they still have my car trying to resolve the issues. I have to say although having issues is not very pleasant I have to admit the fact that they sent someone over say something about their commitment and customer care. I am impressed to say the least.:)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've only done 3000km so far so I haven't got to the clutch replacement issue yet (hopefully later than sooner;) ). I have 2-3 issues since picking mine up in May and was trying to resolve them with the local dealer with no solution. Finally I wrote directly to Audi and they sent an engineer all the way from Germany to check on the car last week. Good thing is that they confirmed that those problems are not my imagination. Bad thing is they still have my car trying to resolve the issues. I have to say although having issues is not very pleasant I have to admit the fact that they sent someone over say something about their commitment and customer care. I am impressed to say the least.:)
that was impressive customer services. Wut are the issues so I know wut to look forward to? Not sure if I am going to get that here in the US...

·
Registered
96 Posts
There is a vibrating noise at low rev which they reckon is the exhaust. It is either tightened incorrectly or the catalytic converter is loose. Either way they will try to fix that or replace the whole exhaust system. Another issue is 3rd seems to have trouble engaging sometimes and it popped out a few times. The engineer was able to replicate that and they think the sychromesh is maybe faulty. Again if they cannot fix that they will replace the whole gearbox. Anyway they are combing through the car now and I am very confident that they will be able to fix all the problems.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is a vibrating noise at low rev which they reckon is the exhaust. It is either tightened incorrectly or the catalytic converter is loose. Either way they will try to fix that or replace the whole exhaust system. Another issue is 3rd seems to have trouble engaging sometimes and it popped out a few times. The engineer was able to replicate that and they think the sychromesh is maybe faulty. Again if they cannot fix that they will replace the whole gearbox. Anyway they are combing through the car now and I am very confident that they will be able to fix all the problems.
good luck with that, my friend. Keep us posted. I am looking forward to such excitement in Feb/March. I was just mentioning to my wife this am, I am not sure if I like that much attention while driving the R8, outside of the showroom, I have seen this car on the road twice(white, and blue) and once parking in front of a house.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
I was just mentioning to my wife this am, I am not sure if I like that much attention while driving the R8...
Oh, you'll get used to the attention quickly! :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got a call from the dealer today. New exhaust and gearbox has been ordered. Hopefully they won't take too long to get here...:(

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got a call from the dealer today. New exhaust and gearbox has been ordered. Hopefully they won't take too long to get here...:(
where is here? good luck with the repairs. Do they give you an R8 loaner while they are fixing yours?

·
Registered
96 Posts
where is here? good luck with the repairs. Do they give you an R8 loaner while they are fixing yours?
Hong Kong. The car actually drives well despite the noise and the gearbox problem. So I will be taking the car back from the dealer first and put it in again when the parts arrive later. Loaner is unheard of here irrespective of brand. So a R8 loaner is pretty much like a flying pig....:(

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hong Kong. The car actually drives well despite the noise and the gearbox problem. So I will be taking the car back from the dealer first and put it in again when the parts arrive later. Loaner is unheard of here irrespective of brand. So a R8 loaner is pretty much like a flying pig....:(
There is still room on the road in HK for cars? I thought that city should have flying cars by now due to congestion. Any guess on how many R8 are there in HK? I know HK has all the fancy cars, as I mentioned before, I seen r8 twice on the road here. And how long is the waiting list over there? Pardon my ignorant, I thought Asian country tends to fancy BMW, MB, Porsche, and for the higher end, Ferrari, RR, Bentley etc. Where does Audi stand?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts