Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

My dad's car arrived today and it looks stunning, both the exterior and the exterior! :eek:
I took a quick spin in it and it drives really well, although I didn't drive it fast and didn't accelerate hard. The gear changing was a bit jerky but my dad says it's a bit of a learning process. He noticed improvement the more he drove it. The only down side to it, is that the forgot to apply the carbon in the engine bay, but they promised to fix that asap!

I will post some pics a soon as I can! :D

ps: kreso: Do you know if it is possible to keep the engine bay light on for as long as the car is closed? Or can't you change the fact that it goes out after a while?

·
Registered
564 Posts
u lucky guys you... ;) i am happy for you

BUT - maybe you know, but PLEASE dont push the engine hard in beginning.. we had a thread some months ago about running in engine (and also breaks)

just for your own and dads sake and long lasting enjoyment of the car (wont go into detail now how to do running in phase)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congratulations! I got happy as I just did receive it. We want more details about averything like road handling cornering especially. and pictures of course!!!:)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

BUT - maybe you know, but PLEASE dont push the engine hard in beginning.. we had a thread some months ago about running in engine (and also breaks)

just for your own and dads sake and long lasting enjoyment of the car (wont go into detail now how to do running in phase)
He won't. It says in the manual:

0-1000km: max 6000 rpm
1000-2000km: don't floor it but you can take the engine up to 8000rpm
2000-2500: You can take it to 8250 rpm and floor it.

I will post pics and video's but the camera doesn't cooperate right now. :(

·
Registered
274 Posts
fantastic!!
congrats- how bout some pics???

he has one of the very first- hang on to that baby!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
He won't. It says in the manual:

0-1000km: max 6000 rpm
1000-2000km: don't floor it but you can take the engine up to 8000rpm
2000-2500: You can take it to 8250 rpm and floor it.

I will post pics and video's but the camera doesn't cooperate right now. :(
Hurry up Lemme!! We are impatient :)

You lucky ...... LOL :)

·
Registered
782 Posts

Padding in brakes can you do must faster :) You'll need about 20 km's of padding and your done.

The funny thing is, rally cars are faster when they pushed to the limit from the start (ofcourse only when the engine is warm). But the lifetime of the engine will be shortend.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hi guys,
I took a quick spin in it and it drives really well, although I didn't drive it fast and didn't accelerate hard.

dont get me wrong guys.. I really am happy for him, but just warned him because of above statement... thought "maybe" he or his dad wouldnt know.. ;) :D

ok, now all together: "LEMME, GIVE US SOME PICS!!" the forum is starving for some good pics :D

·
Registered
604 Posts
No more pictures!!!! Give me the car !!!!!!!

Ok I have calmed down now :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
looks great!!! i bet you were over the moon!!!! keep it safe, and easy on the first few miles... it will be very hard not to push her.... have fun!

·
Registered
182 Posts
very very jealous!!!!!!!!!! im getting realy impatient now can't be long sat in a light blue one today at john fox audi garage looks great but didnt like the dash it was standard also didnt like the standard roof

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hehe, after this exam I can take as many pics as you want!
Couldn't upload the second video to Youtube. I get an error every time.
You can download it via Yousendit.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
782 Posts
We are jealous! :) And that's one dusty road there in your garden, so wash it alot :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Lemme,
Congrats to you and your dad!
Thanks kreso. Much appreciated!

We are jealous! And that's one dusty road there in your garden, so wash it alot
It is indeed a very dusty road. The car is already full of the stuff. But this will change after I cleaned and waxed it! :D

ps: I found another camera which has sound, so I will try to capture it this afternoon.

Edit: Here the second video on video google.

·
Registered
274 Posts
stop the tease and post up some pics!!
and longer video... (please!)

amazing that your dad lets you drive the car- you are very lucky!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts