Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
That is really unbelievable! Wow, I am really shocked. Never thought that JC would love this car so much. The hasn't been a single bad or even mediocre review yet. That say it all I think.

Thanks for the post jampo. Great find!

·
Registered
564 Posts
thanks jampot... but beware of jeremys comments.. they tend to be overreacted most of the times... I rather believe Tiff.. but he actually said the same thing of the R8... :D so R8talk forum is based on the right underlying .. hehe

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks like Jeremy really 'did' like it, especially if he admitted it was preferable most of the time to his Gallardo.

I worked with Jeremy many years ago before he was famous (back when he scribbled for Performance Car Magazine), and he's good fun to be with. He used to be 'Johnny No-mates', because he was always finding fault, but he's lightened up with age. He was always known for being rubbish behind the wheel, but he's improved a lot in that respect too.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Let the good reviews take over the industry :) Woohooo

·
Registered
772 Posts
Always find it odd that Top Gear is so popular these days when all 3 presenters are not good drivers whereas Fifth Gear has small following but Tiff, VBH and JP are all top class drivers?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Always find it odd that Top Gear is so popular these days when all 3 presenters are not good drivers whereas Fifth Gear has small following but Tiff, VBH and JP are all top class drivers?
Think of this:

Software from Microsoft is not that good. The former OS2 was better in those days and Linux isn't bad either. Though Microsoft dominates the market with 97%!

Why o Why? :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Clarkson is more of an entertainer than serious car tester/evaluator. The majority of the article is editorial "fluff".
As he is apparently a Gallardo owner, it IS interesting he apparently prefers the R8 over his own car!
The best part of the article is Brad from Michigan's comment!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Whether he is a good driver or not - quite a few people will repeat what he says!.

I for one am glad he likes it or my friends would be forever repeating that Clarkson thought it was rubbish!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Clarkson is more of an entertainer than serious car tester/evaluator. The majority of the article is editorial "fluff".
As he is apparently a Gallardo owner, it IS interesting he apparently prefers the R8 over his own car!
The best part of the article is Brad from Michigan's comment!
Not this quote then .....
"well coming back from just driving the corvette... i can say that it is puuuure rubbish! there are so many squeaks and rattles that i just wouldnt be able to live with. the handling is pretty good, but the r8 would be better. its fast, but the r8 would be faster. its decent looking, but the r8 would blow it out the water, and the 911 is not nearly as good looking, and the 911 TURBO gets destroyed around the track by the r8... that says a lot about the balance/handling/brilliance of the car! Go with the r8 buddy if you want a REAL car!"

·
Registered
782 Posts
Not this quote then .....
"well coming back from just driving the corvette... i can say that it is puuuure rubbish! there are so many squeaks and rattles that i just wouldnt be able to live with. the handling is pretty good, but the r8 would be better. its fast, but the r8 would be faster. its decent looking, but the r8 would blow it out the water, and the 911 is not nearly as good looking, and the 911 TURBO gets destroyed around the track by the r8... that says a lot about the balance/handling/brilliance of the car! Go with the r8 buddy if you want a REAL car!"
Hahaha, all those quotes... They all should face it: The R8 is an excellent car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts