Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've been given the option to purchase a Jet Blue (Silver Side Blade) or Black R8. The blue car for delivery in Q3 the Black according to the Audi computer system has been built!

Two questions :

1) Go for the blue? looks nicer than black? more exclusive as most buyers will be for the black colour?

2) If built already how long before UK delivery??

Look forward to your valued responses
Thanks!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Purely personal choice !!!

Since there are so few standard colours to chose (Green is not available until next year), I don't think any one colour is likely to be more "exclusive" ?

Interesting that you are being offered a car that is allegedly already built. They are normally built specifically to customers order and spec.

Can I ask when you notified your interest in R8 or paid your deposit ??

If its just been built, allow 4 weeks plus/minus for delivery in UK.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I've never seen Jet Blue other than in pictures and worried that it won't look 'all that' as the dealer said. I placed a deposit last month...purchasing the vehicle through a broker. He says he has checked the consignment number for it and confirms it has been built. He quotes 3/4 weeks for delivery from now.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Best of luck. Sounds like your broker has a better idea of UK deliveries than Audi UK:D

My opinion - go for jet blue. No reason other than I like the original Le mans colour scheme, and it wont look so dirty in a UK winter.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Just be careful with brokers.......

Make sure delivery date is committed and may i suggest you ask them for the chassis number before paying over large amounts of money. Also try to ensure that you are registered as the first owner on the V5.

I personally happen to like jet blue/silver; there have been many good photos of both your colour options on this site.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
great advice thanks - unfortunately all the broker cars are registered to the original purchaser from Audi UK so I will be the second owner on the V5.

·
Registered
274 Posts
to me black is a "dress color"- if you are gonna show the car, black is the way to go. and more work to keep looking new- but when its kept up, its king!
blue is a more practical color if its a daily driver...
if the car is already built, does it have the options that you want?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I saw the jetblue in person. It looks very nice! But they told me that you'll have to choose the light interior, the black interior is tooo dark for that colour!

Don't forget Daytona :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I went black. I think the car looks better with some color on it. Jet blue a little too femmy to my eye.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts