Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one!
i have a problem that everyday i have to jump start my car , and the battery sign on the display is full . what's the reason ?
its R8, 2016 V8

THANK YOU

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
I would suggest that you get your battery "load tested" to see if it can supply the required current to start your car.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
i thought it's bad to jump start an R8?
Heard this too, jump started mine a couple of times without any apparent problems, can't see how it's bad as you're only applying 12 volts to the car.

From the manual -

Jump-starting
Before starting the engine If necessary, the engine can be started by connecting it to the battery of another vehicle.
If the engine should ever fail to start because of a discharged battery, the battery can be connected to the battery of another vehicle to start the engine. Suitable jump leads are required. Both batteries must be rated at 12Volts. The capacity (Ah) of the booster battery should not be significantly lower than that of the discharged battery.
Jump leads The jump leads must be heavy enough to carry the starter current. Refer to the details given by the manufacturer. Only use jump leads with insulated battery clamps. Positive cable – usually red Negative cable – usually black

·
Registered
216 Posts
Heard this too, jump started mine a couple of times without any apparent problems, can't see how it's bad as you're only applying 12 volts to the car.

From the manual -

Jump-starting
Before starting the engine If necessary, the engine can be started by connecting it to the battery of another vehicle.
If the engine should ever fail to start because of a discharged battery, the battery can be connected to the battery of another vehicle to start the engine. Suitable jump leads are required. Both batteries must be rated at 12Volts. The capacity (Ah) of the booster battery should not be significantly lower than that of the discharged battery.
Jump leads The jump leads must be heavy enough to carry the starter current. Refer to the details given by the manufacturer. Only use jump leads with insulated battery clamps. Positive cable – usually red Negative cable – usually black
that's what i thought as well dave but at the same time maybe the r8 is a special car that can't be jump started lol. i would risk it...knock on wood.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
that's what i thought as well dave but at the same time maybe the r8 is a special car that can't be jump started lol. i would risk it...knock on wood.
That quote is from the R8 owners handbook so no worries with jump starting.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Hello every one!
i have a problem that everyday i have to jump start my car , and the battery sign on the display is full . what's the reason ?
its R8, 2016 V8

THANK YOU
Either your year is off or your engine is off, but there was no 2016 V8.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
That's what I was thinking. I think it's a spam post. There seems to have been an increase in these lately across different forums.
I was a bit concerned when he called DaveL "dear"! o_O

·
Registered
502 Posts
😂😂..I had to read it twice...thought I read it wrong...lol
[/QUOTE]
Thought I was the only one. I guess they have nothing better to do. Those basement walls start to close in after awhile.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Well, Dave posted his pic a while back looking very dapper with his R8, so he may have a new admirer. :)

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I think we may have frightened him off as he hasn't posted since. :)

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
ah - everyone must jump to conclusions without having knowledge, but rather just a little info - a pity ...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts