Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on a deal to move from Porsche GT3Rs to GT3 R8 for some months now. Well the deal closed yesterday and I got 2 cars which we will be racing under International GT (races during TransAm/SVRA weekends), GT Celebration and under HSR (Historic Sportscar Racing).

Yes we are open to sponsorship opportunities ;) !

Detailed pics to follow as the cars move from the west to the east coast of our beautiful nation.

For now some photos as they are now.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Stay tuned!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will I see you in Daytona anytime soon?
IGT in December 2022. Not doing IGT 2nd weekend of December 2021 as I am racing Sebring on the Classic 12 hours on the 997 GT3R.

If you are referring to THE 24, not enough $ to pay for that thrill

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: erricvplus

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Depending on what I can put together in terms of sponsorship, I might have live in car from some of the races (its silly how expensive that is). In any case, we use multiple cameras and data loggers and usually post a clip video online.

Here's a couple of examples of video:

From the 997 GT3R Evo

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From the 991 GT3R (Engen on P1 is on an R8 Le Mans Prototype!)

" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have terabytes of video from the last 20 or so years.

Here is Daytona from my old 991 GT3 Grand Am car:

and a different perspective from Daytona from the seat of 1969 911S:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Juan? Great minds think alike. We bought an older gen R8 LMS Ultra for the same series you plan to run. You and Rob running together? We talked to Rob/Nick about the truspeed cars for one of our customers.
Hey Buddy!

Yes we are, White one is for Rob and Grey/Orange is mine. I will be doing more events than Rob. I touched base with the series and as long as we have 3 or more R8's we get our own class.

So we got your Ultra, Tom P has 2 or 3 of them, Alex W and then the Gen 2 Rob and I. I don't know how the Gen 2 compares to the Ultra. Some say the Ultra is faster but I have no idea. I'll report after I test them.

Off to Sebring tomorrow for the Classic 12 tomorrow on the 997 R.

Are you going?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts