Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been privileged to own some fun cars in recent years: 2000 black Saleen Mustang S281 Speedster, 2001 red Acura NSX, 2001 yellow Ferrari 360 Modena, 2006 rosso vic (metallic red) Lamborghini Gallardo, and a 2007 speed yellow Aston-Martin V8 Vantage. (Not to mention my 2007 black Mini Cooper S convertible!) A friend of mine calls me "automotively promiscuous!" Now I'm joining the Audi R8 ranks. Yesterday I took possession of a phantom black six-speed manual. So far, I love it -- it's incredibly smooth, hard-pulling, tight cornering, and (I think) beautiful. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up to my previous automotive experiences over the coming months. I love the fact that I don't see one on every corner (out here in Southern California, you see exotics all the time. I was driving in my neighborhood in the R8 this afternoon and a red Dino pulled up next to me!) Anyway, I think Audi has done a tremendous job with this car and I look forward to testing its limits (and reading what everyone on this forum has to say about their own R8 experiences).

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've been privileged to own some fun cars in recent years: 2000 black Saleen Mustang S281 Speedster, 2001 red Acura NSX, 2001 yellow Ferrari 360 Modena, 2006 rosso vic (metallic red) Lamborghini Gallardo, and a 2007 speed yellow Aston-Martin V8 Vantage. (Not to mention my 2007 black Mini Cooper S convertible!) A friend of mine calls me "automotively promiscuous!" Now I'm joining the Audi R8 ranks. Yesterday I took possession of a phantom black six-speed manual. So far, I love it -- it's incredibly smooth, hard-pulling, tight cornering, and (I think) beautiful. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up to my previous automotive experiences over the coming months. I love the fact that I don't see one on every corner (out here in Southern California, you see exotics all the time. I was driving in my neighborhood in the R8 this afternoon and a red Dino pulled up next to me!) Anyway, I think Audi has done a tremendous job with this car and I look forward to testing its limits (and reading what everyone on this forum has to say about their own R8 experiences).
Congratulations and welcome to the club!
I hope you enjoy your R8 as much as the rest of us.

·
Registered
347 Posts
congratulations!!!! I am jealous. Mine will land on 31st, less than 10 days...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi guys new member here.....

Socal R8 by any chance were you around the area of Calabasas in the past few days because there has been some big buzz about an R8 roaming around here?

Anyway CONGRADS & SEE YOU WITH MINE ON THE ROAD!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrat...!!! That is the same colour combo that I ordered with 6 sp, although my car is at least a month away....:mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts