Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got the call, my 2009 IBIS White R8 will be here in December....

I won't be able to keep the car so will be putting it up on Ebay once I receive it so if anyone wants it, just PM me and I promise a fair deal for both of us.

This will be a private sale from my Chicago home with title in hand.

Options:

009 R8 4.2 Coupe 2-DR, 6-SPD Quattro
Ibis White Exterior with Black Interior
6H3 (Carbon Sigma Sideblade)
6W9 (Front Plate Filler Panel)
996 Gas Guzzer Tax
9VK (Bang & Olufsen Sound System)
PL3 (Enhanced Fine Nappa Leather Pkg.)
PND (Audi DVD Navigation Plus)

thanks
rick

·
Registered
163 Posts
a 2004 nsx is keeping you from buying an R8. you dont sound like you were ever serious about keeping it. that's not even a comparision. just be honest and say you want to flip it and make some money. at least no one will speculate on your motives, we understand this is a rare opp if the market premium holds

·
Registered
347 Posts
park the NSX on the street and let it rot. If you can afford and R8 you can afford letting the NSX rot but if you are buying it to make some money then be honest and I will wish you the best of luck.

Honestly, if we were in 1998 I may have considered an NSX but it's in the POS category in this world.

·
Registered
42 Posts
a 2004 nsx is keeping you from buying an R8. you dont sound like you were ever serious about keeping it. that's not even a comparision. just be honest and say you want to flip it and make some money. at least no one will speculate on your motives, we understand this is a rare opp if the market premium holds
+1000 I think you nailed it on the head, ky. It seems that S4Play is a well known poser on many, many forums. Google him on any car forum and his controversial threads show up everywhere.

·
Registered
163 Posts
no offense to owners of said cars, but an E46, S2000 and an NSX keeping an R8 owner to be from enjoying it. don't think so.

if the garage had an E60 M5 or E92 M3, a Z06, 996/997, then I would think we were stepping up to the next best ride, but it's not normal to go from a $25k car to one 5x the price. ;-)

not sure what the deal was with the GT3 but it didn't last long (assuming it was his vs a friend/family member's)

I will add though that my cousin went from a 75 pinto to a 91 stealth r/t turbo in 91 so anything is possible. :p

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm guessing he's trying to flip the R8, but not want his dealer to know about it, which was why he didn't release the dealer's info when asked by a potential buyer. There's a thread on 6speed about him trying to sell for $15k over.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hyundai Sonata is sitting besides my r8. the car r8 replaced was a lexus rx, approx 3x the price... I also have considered selling the r8 (to make way for the baby and the garage doesn't fit 3 cars).

What I am not, is to claim that i will prefer a POS NSX than a r8.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm guessing he's trying to flip the R8, but not want his dealer to know about it, which was why he didn't release the dealer's info when asked by a potential buyer. There's a thread on 6speed about him trying to sell for $15k over.
hopefully his dealer will get wind of it and make him sign that form or simply not sell it to him for MSRP.

and THAT is why there are still open R8 slots here and there - speculators trying to make a buck at the expense of people who just genuinely want to keep and drive the car

·
Registered
482 Posts
hopefully his dealer will get wind of it and make him sign that form or simply not sell it to him for MSRP.

and THAT is why there are still open R8 slots here and there - speculators trying to make a buck at the expense of people who just genuinely want to keep and drive the car
exactly. Dealers that are promising msrp to their customer definitely don't appreciate their customers flipping it for a profit. Some flippers with deep pockets would purchase the car first..sounds like he is looking for a buyer before he solidifies his deal with the dealer to ensure he doesn't take the first two payments.

·
Registered
485 Posts

There is nothing wrong for him to flip the car, right? But I am not wiling to pay over msrp, so I am waiting for patiently for mine... it will be a long wait. It will be even more special when it shows up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
There is nothing wrong for him to flip the car, right? But I am not wiling to pay over msrp, so I am waiting for patiently for mine... it will be a long wait. It will be even more special when it shows up.
when folks start flipping them, it causes guys like you who want to keep yours to wait longer, because your slots are being occupied by speculators. there's nothing against trying to make a buck, but I if his dealer knew he was flipping it they'd likely be unhappy, because they could easily sell a new one for $20k+ over themselves if they wanted to and pocket the extra as pure profit. this is one of the very few times i think the dealers should still sell for MSRP, but do their best to screen their buyers first.

but yes, coming from someone who waited a LOOOONG time, it will be VERY special and VERY worth it. In fact if I was the flipper here, I would have to have my head examined if I was to drive it and then decide the NSX was better. put down the crack pipe...

·
Registered
42 Posts
If he's planning to flip it, he should just be honest and say so. Enough of this BS about "Oh, I can't get it because I just bought my dream car, my POS NSX".

S4Play, if you can't afford a GT3, you can't afford an R8 either. Just admit you're tryin' to make a buck. How stupid do you think we are?

·
Registered
485 Posts
If he's planning to flip it, he should just be honest and say so. Enough of this BS about "Oh, I can't get it because I just bought my dream car, my POS NSX".

S4Play, if you can't afford a GT3, you can't afford an R8 either. Just admit you're tryin' to make a buck. How stupid do you think we are?
u in North, South bay? I am hoping to see a silver in person, so far, all I saw is black or Daytona...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yeah, sure. If only I hadn't found my dream '08 Mini Cooper S, or else I would have bought that Reventon!
; >

Not sure if I would want the Revention even of I have the $, but I might reconsider when I hit that lotto....

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I have a highly modded NSX, and the stock R8 beats it in every possible way - handling, grip, accelleration, overall speed, braking, and especially looks. The passion aroused by the R8 dwarfs that of the NSX. There's little comparison. My suggestion - keep the R8 and sell the NSX.

The R8 is what the next NSX should have been, instead of the Aston Martin Vantage clone they are coming up with... Honda's time for creating a truly astounding car has come and gone. Audi is at that point now. Make the move, it's the right thing to do.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am surprised there is no vetting process by dealers to know whether a buyer is legit or not upon placing a deposit. I bought mine thru a special process but had to provide a bio, history of previous cars, etc before I could get my allocation.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I am surprised there is no vetting process by dealers to know whether a buyer is legit or not upon placing a deposit. I bought mine thru a special process but had to provide a bio, history of previous cars, etc before I could get my allocation.
I think many dealers rely on their "loyal" customers, which is how it should be, but for someone like s4play it really does make dealers wonder why they don't mark everything up. Def not good for consumers and true enthusiasts.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts