Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just finalized my order, and placed it on nov 12, 2008. i got the white with carbon fibre side blades and all options except r-tronic and carbon fibre engine.

they estimate i will get it in June, 2009. he said the wait times are reduced due to the bad economic market.

any others find this?

·
Registered
718 Posts
yes, used prices are falling too.

6 months ago, you had to pay new prices (or even above sticker), on a used car. Now thats no longer the case

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Same in the US. You can regularly find one or more advertised at MSRP now. Those $160K+ used listings on AutoTrader & eBay will probably start coming down FAST.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am in Canada, specifically toronto. i got it at the msrp price plus the ridiculous taxes that they charge here in canada.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i just finalized my order, and placed it on nov 12, 2008. i got the white with carbon fibre side blades and all options except r-tronic and carbon fibre engine.

they estimate i will get it in June, 2009. he said the wait times are reduced due to the bad economic market.

any others find this?
I placed my order last year, was quoted 1.5 to 2 yrs for the wait. but I will be getting my car within 7 months. But I will believe it when I am sitting in the car and start the engine.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Same in the US. You can regularly find one or more advertised at MSRP now. Those $160K+ used listings on AutoTrader & eBay will probably start coming down FAST.
I did not understand why those are still listed over msrp... are they from this planet? Same crowd I encounter from some high end dealers told me there are still a lot of rich people out there, and their product is not effected as much. Or the customers that buy their cars are not effected by the economy. I am sure some are not, but there are enough people are effected based on the huge plunge in sales.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Same crowd I encounter from some high end dealers told me there are still a lot of rich people out there, and their product is not effected as much. Or the customers that buy their cars are not effected by the economy.
I certainly don't fit that category - been saving my shekels since the car was announced! I ordered mine 11/07 expecting the 1.5 year lead time and it will be here by year end. All most came in TOO fast...

·
Registered
485 Posts
I certainly don't fit that category - been saving my shekels since the car was announced! I ordered mine 11/07 expecting the 1.5 year lead time and it will be here by year end. All most came in TOO fast...
Same here. That is why arrogant high end car sales people annoy the crap out of me. Not all of them are like that, but I think most are.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't know why you guy's are having so much crap getting a R8 over there in these TIMES .... in Brisbane Australia there is 4 on the floor, NOW 1 red, 1 Silver, 1 Grey, 1 Green going price around Aud $ 280.000-$ 310.000 :p

·
Registered
485 Posts
Don't know why you guy's are having so much crap getting a R8 over there in these TIMES .... in Brisbane Australia there is 4 on the floor, NOW 1 red, 1 Silver, 1 Grey, 1 Green going price around Aud $ 280.000-$ 310.000 :p
This is minor crap compare to everything else that is going on over here. Because of the low volume that is coming into the US, and it was consider the IT car for 07, all add up to the insane $50K asking over msrp. I think a lot of people also put their name down for one to flip the car for profit. Which makes those of us who want a car(and not willing to pay the premium) end up on a long waiting list. But I think that is now behind us. There are R8 at msrp or little over msrp if you really want one.

Did you say green R8? that is a lot of $ for an R8 over there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts