Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ug.... I have side hobby of buying cars here and there. My fun car is an 08 R8 w/33k and have been buying and selling other cars as a hobby (with the help of a dealer friend who lets me on his auctions).

"Big" picture is I think I am going to sell the R8 and I have a few mercedes "fun" cars and move to a LP 560-4. (originally I just wanted a v10 R8 but come around to thinking about the gallardo route)

Anyway....I am always looking for bargains, and a clean carfax 3 owner, TT gated just got stole! I just could not spread myself that thin, even though I could pull it off, it was just not the right time.

It sucks when you see these deals pass. Only thing I hope is that when the time comes for buying a 560 I can come across the right one. (but they seem to go through the auctions much less frequently)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Whoever installed those wheels makes terrible life choices thus I’d be worried to purchase an auction car with no history of ownership :p

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoever installed those wheels makes terrible life choices thus I’d be worried to purchase an auction car with no history of ownership :p
Yep the wheels are ugly as all get out. Comes with orig factory wheels as well as another full set of tires.

As for auction car, it is no big deal. If car is sold 'green light' you have a 10 day arbitration clause for any non-disclosed issues above $500. (Eg get car and take right to audi for PPI) For history, this car had full carfax showing all dealer service records.

I did it on the R8 I bought sight unseen. What do you think many car dealers do? A lot of these cars come from various high-line auctions and are bought and sold every day sight unseen.

I have had to arbitrate several cars. Bought a sl500 which had a faulty ABC pump. Dealer quoted 3500 repair. I agreed to take a $2500 credit on car and I swapped pump for 4 hours labor and a $400 reman pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts