Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a picture of a little tour we made.

Exhaust is in but not fitted yet and the HP- limiter is out.
560 HP.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is very very simple....the throttle butterfly flaps are the only reason why the R8 V10 has let Power then the LP560
The Flaps start closing down to ca 80% above 6700rpm.....so it is only a way of air restiction......plug in a laptop.....change the flaps position and done........

The Exhaust is the.......1:1 copy of the LMS V10 GT3.....as we had acess to the original pipes.
The only different , not more CAT and NO Silencer at all, and it is a 5 in one setup multiplied by 2 makes 10 cylinders, it will be very loud , at only problem why it is not on the car yet, i have been on the road like hell.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ti-Mike,

Yes! This is very good news! I have my V10 on order and I will come to you for advice, is that ok?

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Ti-Mike, can you post specifics on the engine mod in the general forum at some point? A DIY would be very helpful. How did you confirm a power increase?

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
can you run on the road in (CH) without the cat?
no periodic emissions testing?
you are fortunate if so:cool:

PS: is see by your plate you are in the Ticino, is the enforcement by Canton, or is it national?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
There are probably big fines in many U.S. cities for removing the Cat. Are the power gains big? If so buy or rent a place in the boonies to avoid any testing...BUT you may still get busted while traveling a broad. Where is Bodhii the guy who despises "Seat of the pants" type dynos !!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if there is a will, there is a way.......
do you always stay within the speed limites...........I just don't care....the green R8 was the same.........everything out plus all the modifications

·
Registered
54 Posts
how can i do this engine MOD, is it through VAGcom, can the dealership do it, do you have the source codes by any chance.
-thanks in advance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts