Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the transport truck delivered my 'new' Phantom Black 2010 V10 this morning. Two years old in one week; 3200 miles; Carbon Side Blades; Carbon interior and extended leather. Oh, and R-Tronic. Car is in fantastic condition and I have to thank Danny Steurer at Eurocar in LA; ([email protected]), for selling me such a great R8, and making me a really good deal on my '08 CLK BS.

Now, before it was shipped I had Danny take the car to Premier to get a 'little' work done. After consultation with Kris at Premier, I had the follow done: all black painted surfaces were covered in Satin Guard which gives a matte finish to the underlying paint. The side blades and the front and rear grills along with the front spoiler and rear diffuser were covered in Clear Guard, which provides a fantastic contrast to the matte finish of the rest of the car. The interior windows were tinted with Premier's 20% 'Nano' tint, and then I also had the windshield protected with their new Diamond Fusion film which protects against rock chips etc.

To say I'm blown away is an understatement. I knew Premier was basically regarded as the best in the business but the quality of the work, and how the car turned out has left me speechless. I've owned a few decent cars in my life and this is the best looking vehicle I've ever owned bar none. When the weather gets better and I get a tag for it I'm going for a long drive to get used to the car. Pictures to follow.

Thanks to all of you for answering my questions over the last few months and helping validate my choice of the R8. I couldn't be happier.

Bish

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Sounds very sweet. You're barely out of the break-in period, if you're even there yet, you might want to check.

You will totally enjoy the long trips! Please post pics asap.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Wow, now that's some serious protection work! Can't wait to see pics. :) Congrats!

·
Registered
482 Posts
So the transport truck delivered my 'new' Phantom Black 2010 V10 this morning. Two years old in one week; 3200 miles; Carbon Side Blades; Carbon interior and extended leather. Oh, and R-Tronic. Car is in fantastic condition and I have to thank Danny Steurer at Eurocar in LA; ([email protected]), for selling me such a great R8, and making me a really good deal on my '08 CLK BS.

Now, before it was shipped I had Danny take the car to Premier to get a 'little' work done. After consultation with Kris at Premier, I had the follow done: all black painted surfaces were covered in Satin Guard which gives a matte finish to the underlying paint. The side blades and the front and rear grills along with the front spoiler and rear diffuser were covered in Clear Guard, which provides a fantastic contrast to the matte finish of the rest of the car. The interior windows were tinted with Premier's 20% 'Nano' tint, and then I also had the windshield protected with their new Diamond Fusion film which protects against rock chips etc.

To say I'm blown away is an understatement. I knew Premier was basically regarded as the best in the business but the quality of the work, and how the car turned out has left me speechless. I've owned a few decent cars in my life and this is the best looking vehicle I've ever owned bar none. When the weather gets better and I get a tag for it I'm going for a long drive to get used to the car. Pictures to follow.

Thanks to all of you for answering my questions over the last few months and helping validate my choice of the R8. I couldn't be happier.

Bish
Pics please! Congratulations on the new acquisition. This car is a very sexy machine.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
congrats - pics please :)

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought I'd just update this with some pix. Absolutely love this car; and I haven't even got to drive it much yet!! lol
Bish

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
the pics looks very sweet - would love to see that in the flesh. I expect some will say you should black out the grille, wheels and exhaust tips - but I actually like the contrast against that flat finish.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I like the contrast too

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can not begin to tell you how happy I am with the quality of Premier's work. Unbelievable. And I love the contrast too. I think it actually draws the eye back to the matte finish more. If that makes sense.
Bish

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
So is this satin guards purpose to protect, AND give the matte finish?? Or is its sole purpose to just give the matte look finish? I've never heard of a product to do this. It looks very cool. Also, if you don't mind, could you pm me with what something like this may have cost please.
Thank you, and enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So is this satin guards purpose to protect, AND give the matte finish?? Or is its sole purpose to just give the matte look finish? I've never heard of a product to do this. It looks very cool. Also, if you don't mind, could you pm me with what something like this may have cost please.
Thank you, and enjoy!!
The beauty of Premier's Satin Guard product is that it is 8 mil in thickness which is the same as regular 3M film. Hence it protects the car from damage as well as any regular 'clear bra'. What Satin Guard also does is produce a matte finish to the underlying colour of the vehicle, so to answer your ?, it does both. You might notice there is not one seam on the car either and every panel has the film wrapped around the edge. I can see from the quality of the work why Premier are regarded as the best in the business at what they do.
Bish

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
The beauty of Premier's Satin Guard product is that it is 8 mil in thickness which is the same as regular 3M film. Hence it protects the car from damage as well as any regular 'clear bra'. What Satin Guard also does is produce a matte finish to the underlying colour of the vehicle, so to answer your ?, it does both. You might notice there is not one seam on the car either and every panel has the film wrapped around the edge. I can see from the quality of the work why Premier are regarded as the best in the business at what they do.
Bish
Thank you! Disregard the pm I sent. You've just answered my questions. :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
wow, that is very impressive

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Looks really good..appears to be a great product.

Congratulations on the new R8

1 - 17 of 17 Posts