Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Phantom black just arrived on sealed enclosed truck. It is the first in this area-central Ohio USA. When I got to the dealership there was already a crowd around and it was just unloaded withall the protective white covers on it, so I got to go through the unwraping process and document everything-including being with the tech assigned to my car as he set it up from "transport mode". When everything was finished, we took it out for a few miles, then back to shop for the detailing. This will take them today and part of tommorrow, then it goes homw. It has oxygen silver blades and limestome gray leather/Alcantara and six speed. Like everyone else has said-wow. It drives smootha s silk and shift is great already. I will post pictures when I get them done and after clean up. jet

·
Registered
104 Posts
X3 ................................

·
Registered
183 Posts
cheers to you and good luck! Mine should arrive on the 27th... filthy dirty from my time with it in Europe.

Make sure the dealership dosen't buff it with a wheel.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right-we already have an agreement and everyone assigned to it from the mechanic to the detailer. All by hand and home phone numbers--I actually talked and knew everyone before hand and they are "part of the car"-I just have the "papers" and other responsibilities-not to mention the full time use of it! One thing I want to find out as soon as it is made clear from others is how to set it up to be able to turn on the engine bay light (LED), so when this is dertermined by someone , let me and others know. jet

·
Registered
134 Posts
! One thing I want to find out as soon as it is made clear from others is how to set it up to be able to turn on the engine bay light (LED), so when this is dertermined by someone , let me and others know. jet
You mean independant from the timer?

·
Registered
718 Posts
Not 100% sure - I did not go for the engine bay lights.
But, on the dashboard computer, you can put the wipers into service mode, adjust the tone of the parking sensors and turn off the daytime running lights.

It might be that the lights menu includes options for the engine bay lights when fitted.

Go into "Menu", "Set up", "lights" etc etc using the pips on the right hand control stalk.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not 100% sure - I did not go for the engine bay lights.
But, on the dashboard computer, you can put the wipers into service mode, adjust the tone of the parking sensors and turn off the daytime running lights.

It might be that the lights menu includes options for the engine bay lights when fitted.

Go into "Menu", "Set up", "lights" etc etc using the pips on the right hand control stalk.
You can only set the duration the lights stay on,from the menu.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It has oxygen silver blades and limestome gray leather/Alcantara and six speed. Like everyone else has said-wow. It drives smootha s silk and shift is great already. I will post pictures when I get them done and after clean up. jet
dying to see the pics especially the interior.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
right-independent from the timer. I will go into menu and see what I find and as said, also post pictures including interior--hopefully within a day or so.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Congrats Jet, The waiting is over for you!!! Mine is built and will soon be on its way, within the next week. It must feel great to sit in your own car at last!! Enjoy:D :D

·
Registered
482 Posts
pics pics pics - I guess he's out enjoying the new ride! Congrats!

·
Registered
62 Posts
the suspense continues to build...

congrats ! nice choice with the black with oxygen blade. ive got that on order and im particularly interested to see how the limestone grey leather works. i chose black for practical purposes but think limestone is probably the best looking choice. more pics on that please !

hurry ! :D :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right-I am enjoying the ride:) Sorry for no pictures yet, as I know how anxious I was/am always to see pictures. I am out most of this week, but will really try to get pictures by this coming weekend or before and post :) By the way, I am really happy with the Limestone Gray / Alcantara interior--perfect and gives the great contrast with black. jet

·
Registered
482 Posts
jet, where are you located? did Audi mention anything about getting the right to buy the car back if you decide to sell it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts