Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
SFR8,

No full review in German mags yet...

Hopefully there will be a full review in German mags like AMS, Auto Zeitung and(specially!) Sport Auto in May. Maybe even late May since everything rgearding R8 seems to be delayed for few weeks...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SFR8,

No full review in German mags yet...

Hopefully there will be a full review in German mags like AMS, Auto Zeitung and(specially!) Sport Auto in May. Maybe even late May since everything rgearding R8 seems to be delayed for few weeks...
Thanks Kreso.

On a separate topic, although we know that the v-10 version will be more powerful, but I think that the v-8 R8 will be a more balanced sports car, probably handles better, because it is lighter and has better weight distribution (the v-10 has more weight in back).

·
Registered
840 Posts
On a separate topic, although we know that the v-10 version will be more powerful, but I think that the v-8 R8 will be a more balanced sports car, probably handles better, because it is lighter and has better weight distribution (the v-10 has more weight in back).
I don't know figures for sure ... but I think you'll find the V10 engine is only something like 25kg heavier than the V8 ... so this would only change the weight balance from 44/56 to maybe 42/58 ... hardly a large change ...

As long as they dry sump the V10 like they have with the V8 ... keeping the centre of gravity nice and low ... the overall driving dynamics regarding the balance of the car ... won't alter that much ...

I suspect most people will only notice a better forward surge when they press the loud pedal ... rather than the minimal speed reduction that there 'might' be in the bends ... or the slight change in weight shifting when changing direction though say a chicane ...

Of course all the above is just ... imho ... and the weight is a guess made without looking up figures ... if any are even available ... side by side comparison will be the only true way of finding out the difference of how each car ... handles and is balanced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts