Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have a 2008 R8 Coupe, I just ordered a new set of coil overs to replace the oem mag ride... I've tried to do as much research as necessary to prepare for the conversion, I know the engine light will be triggered and I will need something along the lines of a KW/Ohlin's cancellation kit.

These kits are running $700CAD minimum now even though their function is to simply block the codes from my understanding... I don't mind paying that for my baby, however I remember looking into this matter a while ago and someone posted a clever and cheaper alternative on these forums. I've done a vast amount of digging and searching and for some reason can't find the thread that had the alternative and cannot remember what it entailed. If someone knows what I am talking about, I would love to know the details!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Hello everyone! I have a 2008 R8 Coupe, I just ordered a new set of coil overs to replace the oem mag ride... I've tried to do as much research as necessary to prepare for the conversion, I know the engine light will be triggered and I will need something along the lines of a KW/Ohlin's cancellation kit.

These kits are running $700CAD minimum now even though their function is to simply block the codes from my understanding... I don't mind paying that for my baby, however I remember looking into this matter a while ago and someone posted a clever and cheaper alternative on these forums. I've done a vast amount of digging and searching and for some reason can't find the thread that had the alternative and cannot remember what it entailed. If someone knows what I am talking about, I would love to know the details!

Thanks!
I just ordered a set of KW's from ECS tuning this morning for $459 US

1 - 8 of 8 Posts