Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the bad news that my mag ride shocks have failed on my 2010 V10MT - not a surprise, but not something I wanted to hear for sure. I live in a cold part of Canada and as such our roads are terrible. The mag ride was great, but I can't justify buying a new set only to have them fail again in a few years. I've done a bunch of research on options (Ohlins, KW, Audi, rebuild) on this forum and elsewhere and am intrigued by the 'new' KW variant 4 shocks with DDC (their version of mag ride) that evidently will seamlessly plug directly into the Audi mag ride system and operate under its control.

I haven't been able to find any discussion of this particular shock on an R8, but there is quite a bit for BMW. Has anyone had any experience with it? Is it what they say it is? It looks like it will be a wash with the Ohlins pricing wise, but offer the benefits of mag ride. If I'm way off base, feel free to correct.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an email into KW to confirm whether they make the DDCs for the R8, however investigation by my mechanic through his supplier seem to indicate that they don’t. Given the custom nature of some of the work that KW does, I’m hoping that it’s not the case, but will keep you posted if/when I get a response.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have an email into KW to confirm whether they make the DDCs for the R8, however investigation by my mechanic through his supplier seem to indicate that they don’t. Given the custom nature of some of the work that KW does, I’m hoping that it’s not the case, but will keep you posted if/when I get a response.
Unfortunately there is no DDC kit for the Gen 1 R8.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.