Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Click image for photo gallery

The Audi R8 buildup continues apace. The flagship sports car has been featured at design expos, been featured in magazines (automotive and otherwise), and has established itself as an object of desire for many. Today, the automaker announced that famed designer Karl Lagerfeld photographed the mid-engined machine in France, and that the fashion designer will present his work May 12 at the Audi Forum in Manhattan. The photos, a sampling of which are in the enclosed gallery, are all done in black-and-white and show the R8 in a stylized, abstract form. Lagerfeld used mirrors (as you can see in the photo above) to create this unique imagery.

In addition to being displayed gallery-style at the Audi Forum, the work will also be featured in an exclusive calendar that will be made available only to new R8 owners. If you're not one of the 300 US customers who'll be laying claim to an R8 this year, but are desperate to see the fashionista's camerawork up close and personal, the shots will be exhibited at the Audi Forum for two weeks after their debut this coming weekend.

Audi's press release is also pasted after the jump.

[Source: Audi]
Gallery: Audi R8, photographed by Karl Lagerfeld

Continue reading Lagerfeld shoots Audi R8 for owners-only calendar

·
Registered
564 Posts
cheers...

i believe that might be the 3rd present I will get from audi, maybe.. ;)
(after the limited drawing and the R8 book)

·
Registered
183 Posts
It was an interesting evening which was more geared to the fashionista's than Car **** like myself. Came away with some interesting gifts. It was great to finally be able to show my wife the car. She liked it. I was told that it was the same car that R & T used for their review. Light Blue with silver blades.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts