Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 r8 v10 plus, I can't remember if the car did this when it was newer or not but when I launch the car, it sounds as if the tires kinda squeak then the car bogs for just a split second and then takes off....my thought is it should hall ass out of the hole launching it a 4k.....shouldn't be any hesitation. Is this normal? Audi service isn't certain.馃ぃ

Registered
I have a 2017 r8 v10 plus, I can't remember if the car did this when it was newer or not but when I launch the car, it sounds as if the tires kinda squeak then the car bogs for just a split second and then takes off....my thought is it should hall ass out of the hole launching it a 4k.....shouldn't be any hesitation. Is this normal? Audi service isn't certain.馃ぃ
Could be tire pressure, worn tires/ ambient temperature (if its cold and the tires are hard/cold)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be tire pressure, worn tires/ ambient temperature (if its cold and the tires are hard/cold)
Tire pressure is exactly what it calls for, temp was close to 80 and I have newer Michelin 4s. Tires were warmed, launched it almost 20 min after driving around.

Registered
Sounds like maybe some manner of traction control kicked in.

-td

Registered
Sounds like a super fun experience! Launching with some bog and then some noise. You lucky dog. I've never experienced a V10 Plus launching.

Registered
2020 performance coupe Mythos black
Tire pressure is exactly what it calls for, temp was close to 80 and I have newer Michelin 4s. Tires were warmed, launched it almost 20 min after driving around.
factory pressures are pure BS, few run them there.
the most widely quoted pressures are probably 39-36.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it turned out the suggested tire pressure was making the car bog down at launch. I lowered it to 35 fronts and 32 rears and it launches normal like it should.the suggested tire pressure is insane 49 and 41......once the warm up the pressure will be over the max pressure of 50 for that tire.....I basically copied what the huracans suggested tire pressure was and the carnlaunched flawlessly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts