Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a new 22 R8 and when I got it the passenger seat already had plenty of wear wrinkles in it, now the driver seat is starting to gain some. What is the best way to help mitigate these from getting worse or maybe even a way to help reduce the visibility of the ones I have? I've attached a photo! Open to recommendations for products.

·
Registered
237 Posts
not really avoidable. You can condition with your favorite product to prevent excessive creasing/fading and maintain suppleness of leather but this is just the nature of the material.

it's called 'patina'
Yes, I looked in the mirror this morning and was wondering about this. I seem to be developing 'patina'. At least that sounds pretty sophisticated and all...

·
Registered
2010 V10, Manual, Spyder, Black, Capristo
18 Posts
I believe all modern car leather is coated in some sort of synthetic layer, so leather conditioners are pointless. Cleaning them regularly is the best way to prevent cracks etc. as the build up of dirt is what can cause damage more than anything

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
626 Posts
I believe all modern car leather is coated in some sort of synthetic layer, so leather conditioners are pointless. Cleaning them regularly is the best way to prevent cracks etc. as the build up of dirt is what can cause damage more than anything
I believe it’s a clear urethane coating and it prevents leather conditioner from penetrating into the leather. It also minimizes surface wear.

Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do about the creases and cracks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts