Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I speak for the UK market here as i do not know about anywhere else, but over here it is illegal to have any "white light" emiting from the rear of the vehicle. It would look very cool though but it cannot be done unless wiring mods are carried out.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Wiring mods are not needed! The Engine LEDs are controlled bij the R8's computer. Software modification is enough to change this.

I hope some chiptuner will modify it soon.

The other thing I noticed is that when you have only the front leds on, they are very very bright! (and cool!). When you turn your citylights on (rear lights are lit now too) the front leds are dimmed by, I think, 75% (still cool, but much less light!)

I hope there will be a modification for this also!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Can engine bay lights be retro fitted if not specified as an option?
It will be a difficult job! You need to replace the plastic trim (in CF trim the leds are standard).

·
Registered
564 Posts
For the guys that already have their R8. Is there any way of keeping the engine bay LEDs on whilst driving at night?

It would be awesome to have the engine bay glowing while cruising the town at night!!
I also thought about that :D
as Guilty said, probably just a little software change.. will surely be offered soon.

I am having my Dealer working on solution for a DVB-T (digital and analog tv) installation.. if I get some results, will post it... cant live without this, since i had that in my last A6.. nothing better then watching, news, football matches etc.. in a traffic jam or while cruising on highways ;) :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I also thought about that :D
as Guilty said, probably just a little software change.. will surely be offered soon.

I am having my Dealer working on solution for a DVB-T (digital and analog tv) installation.. if I get some results, will post it... cant live without this, since i had that in my last A6.. nothing better then watching, news, football matches etc.. in a traffic jam or while cruising on highways ;) :D
R8 Chris any success with the TV staying on whist driving?

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
After locking (or taking key out), running and engine leds stay on for a period of time that can be set via the MMI.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not sure where you got your information since my R8 has the engine LED lights.
If your talking about the 1inch by 1inch lights one of each on the upper 3rd of the engine compartment, then yes we have LED's. I thought you were refering to the lights surrounding the engine bay like the leds surrounding the headlights
:confused:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Are there any good amateur photographers with decent low-light kit that can get a good photo of the engine-bay lights in operation?

Maddot?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are there any good amateur photographers with decent low-light kit that can get a good photo of the engine-bay lights in operation?

Maddot?
Jam,
Here's one I took in my garage a while back. I'll try and get a better one next time I'm out :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts