Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, I am new to this site and new to audi... I left a deposit yesterday on an 08 R8 pretty much loaded except for the Rtronic... there is just something bout manual i still enjoy... anyone I was told by the dealer that even though they said carbon package was not listed it could still be ordered... so I ordered it...was wondering what people paid for it and how many people actually were able to get there cars with the carbon package... thanks...

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've got told I've got the last set of carbon stuff for the Korea allocation. I hope they are not lying. How much? Please don't ask... it's sad to mention the prices in Korea.

·
Registered
943 Posts
They will probably let you order, but your order won't get made until they have the carbon, so it could really delay your delivery.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Regarding delay... that's what I was told so I deleted the carbon "blades" from my order. The carbon exterior blade option was $2K.

·
Registered
274 Posts
there are at least a coupla aftermarket places that are selling the cf blades, engine bays and interiors... careful cause the price differences can be substantial- (shop around)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the replies guy.. well they said that it is about a year wait but there have been a few people canceling so if something comes in that is close to what i want i will have the option to take it... If i can shorten the time by cancelling the carbon and getting it elsewhere... Any recommendations on where to get the whole carbon package? sideblades, enginebay etc? Also i saw on this site or a link off this site the front lower carbon lip, do they include that with the 08's..... I asked the dealer and they do not seem to know either!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update, Dealer actually gave me a call and said that they took off the carbon fiber options all together, interior, enginebay, sideblade and all....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts