Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have an Audi R8 v10 Plus late ‘17 and still under warranty.

I have not had the car long, and have noticed a faint high pitched squeak/chirping coming from what sounds like the left hand side of the dashboard/windscreen area.

This is a right hand drive car.

It seems to occur on anything over than a perfectly smooth surface, and seems to coincide with road imperfections.

If I drive very slowly <5mph and brake hard intermittently, the noise occurs consistently and louder, in time with when the car dives.

It doesn’t however make any louder noise when going over a speed bump or something large.

I thought it may have been the rubber gutter where it meets the bonnet, but after spraying some silicon on it, it has made no difference.

I’m beginning to think it may be suspension/mag ride related ( UK Plus has Magride), however the car is barely 2 years old so I’d be surprised if it was.

I will take it to the dealer in the new year, however any suggestions/ideas appreciated.

Best

James

·
Registered
83 Posts
Control arms and other linkages joints/bushings dry. WD40 or other DIY lubricant usually fixes this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
update, they said its only pad adjustment, including some kind of glue to keep them from making the noise, all under warranty, hope its the solution.

talked with the master mechanic, he said "its basically a race car so some noise s are normal..."

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the update.

Pads and glue, relating to what component (s) exactly?

James

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys

So I had this problem.
Drove me nuts.

purchased my car in May2020 with 15500km
Its a 2016 V10 Plus. I did about 2000km before this sound appeared.
I took it to the dealer. They suspected it was the left front shock. ( I have Mag Ride). They moved the shock to the right and the sound moved to the right. They realised that it was the shock. So ordered a new shock had it installed yesterday.

sound is gone. Car is a dream again. All covered under warranty. Hope this helps anyone else going through this as it is an extremely annoying sound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts