Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
That is probably the same car I referred to yesterday in another thread. They said they were willing to deal on the car. It is a lot of car to have sitting on the lot for some dealers.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Steve....I'm not sure how much the price they have for "Buy it Now" is off from the MSRP. Maybe they will accept a lessor offer.....is there a reserve price listed somewhere?

Also the VIN is WUAANAFG9AN000313...or is it WAUDNAFG7AN000341?

They list them both, which is it. In any case, it is an early car.....not that that is a problem.

I don't see the V10s dropping so fast. It is a terrific car and still has a big draw.

My $.02!

Steve

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
I know nothing about the auction. Today is the first I heard of it. What I do know is that I called an Audi dealership in the Detroit area earlier in the week and they were eager to sell a silver V10. They did say they would be willing to deal on the car. How much, probably not much if I had to guess.

My point is only that some dealers may be a little flexible on the price of a V10 sitting on their lot, rather than what we had a couple years ago with all the crazy markup cars. With most dealerships holding orders extending 2-3 years out, they obviously won't be discounting them much any time soon. I also expect this car to hold it's value very well, significantly better than high end P cars and low end F and L cars.

In short, I agree with you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
When I looked at this it seemed they were listing option costs for items that are standard on the V10, can anyone confirm?

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
From what I can tell, they are just listing it at MSRP......the std. V10 options are already included, but they did add in the optional items in the listed price. So it doesn't seem to be a "discount" to me.

They might deal though as SteveR says. I guess it depends on if they can pay their rent or not! :)

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Oh man, it's in the color I want too. Gotta close that window out :(

·
Registered
111 Posts
Had a dealer at 3% over invoice on a V10, but I backed out do to poor quality service with dealership mgmt and another, better deal, elsewhere. In any case, if you really want a V10, believe me, they are dealing. Gotta' be a viable buyer and preferably cash, without a trade to complicate things.
Some dealers are already commenting on sweating the floor planning and lack of buyers and they also have numerous '09 V8's sitting on the lots, unsold.
Keep testing until you get YOUR deal.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Oh man, it's in the color I want too. Gotta close that window out :(
The very best color combo on the R8: silver metallic with CF sideblades.

Have it on the V8 and will do on the V10.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Steve....I'm not sure how much the price they have for "Buy it Now" is off from the MSRP. Maybe they will accept a lessor offer.....is there a reserve price listed somewhere?

Also the VIN is WUAANAFG9AN000313...or is it WAUDNAFG7AN000341?

They list them both, which is it. In any case, it is an early car.....not that that is a problem.

I don't see the V10s dropping so fast. It is a terrific car and still has a big draw.

My $.02!

Steve

if it's a 2010 R8 v10 it has to be WUAANAFGxAN######
if it were a 2010 R8 v8 it should be WUADUAFGxAN######

apparently 2009's and 2008's, at least v8s (there were a few '09 v10s per R8England) have "42" where the "FG" is in the 2010's; the "U" is the code for the v8 and "N" for the v10 in digit 5; the second "A" at digit 4 WAS the code for the R8, but apparently they're distinguishing the v10 and v8 in the model digit also, because my v8 (reportedly) had "D" in digit 4;

·
Registered
943 Posts
That's the same one they offered me a month or so ago before it arrived. Looks like it arrived right on time. It's located in Farmington. MSRP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts