Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home today to a letter from my dealer, inviting me for my first test drive :D

So will get in touch and arrange from 16th July onwards :cool:

Maybe I won't like it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Have you been invited to the "Driving Experience" if you have you should definitely go. Came back from Oulton park today - you WILL like it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you been invited to the "Driving Experience" if you have you should definitely go. Came back from Oulton park today - you WILL like it
No I've just been invited to teh test drive from the Audi centre. They have a car for testing available from 16th July.

The driving experience will be way off for me, as deposit has not been down long enough

Look forward though :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Enjoy, I did, though my mind is in a turmoil as to what to do.
Coming from the RS4, i'm not sure if its the right direction for me.....

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have an MTM chipped 420 bhp original series RS4. I have also driven the new RS4 on the track.

You are right, not much increase (if any) in performance.

{The V10 will cure that. I spoke to the tall German instructor about the V10. He has driven it and says its speed is frightening - also its better than the Gallardo !}

Where the R8 really shines is the handling. My RS4 is good, but the R8 trashes both it and the new RS4 on the track.

I'm going for the best of both worlds. Keeping the RS4 as well as the R8.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a shame - They say performance wise it is not a huge leap
Its a leap, but also full of compromises.

I think if i was coming form a much lesser powered car, the wow factor would have been greater. I drover for approx 1hr 30 mins, over m-way, dual carriage way, A roads etc, with some great overtakes :D

I got back in the RS, and its just felt easier to obtain the power (run in against brand new) the gears were easier (have to get used to the open gate) noise was more full on with sport activated, and the toys in the car are all standard :rolleyes:

Its not for me, I still need some practicality, so RS is where I stay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts