Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, after almost four years of drooling over the concept and seven months on 2 wait lists, I have finally been cheated out of the R8. I just came back from talking to my dealer and let's just say it wasn't a visit I enjoyed. After six months of being on the list and being insured that I would get a car by the end of the year, my dealer has finally admited that they will not recieve the 20+ R8s that were anticipated. Instead they bluntly stated that they were only recieving 5-10, and I am around 14th on the list. Most likely, I will recieve my car in next years production run. I am affraid that I just cannot wait that long for my next car, seeing as my lease has ran out on my bmw. I need a car, and I need it asap. After hearing about the CLK63 Black series I went down to my Benz dealer and placed a deposit on that. So fellas, it all comes down to who will give me a car first. The CLK is a 2007 and will most likely arrive here in late summer so if my dealer recieves a car, it will be mine. That said, I will still keep my deposit on the R8 and see what happens with market value on the R8. If I can afford to, I will drive the R8 and sell it after a year or so. I am verry disappointed with Audi... these shortcomings are just not good for their image, and after all, isn't that supposed to be the purpose of the R8, to show that Audi can truly compete. If I recieve the CLK first, which is a car that hasn't been in the works for the past four years like the R8 has, they have officially lost in my book...:mad:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
btw, for those who think that AMG doesn't build cars that handle, which is true for about 3/4ths of their lineup, when asked which car handles the best out of his collection, a guy who owns an enzo, a carrera gt, an f50, and etc etc, said that his CLK DTM was the best handling car for any track. (some arab rally racer in dubai) That said, the clk black series is modeled after the DTM, so it should be one of the few cars out of the AMG fleet that actually drives like its on rails.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Alright guys, after almost four years of drooling over the concept and seven months on 2 wait lists, I have finally been cheated out of the R8. I just came back from talking to my dealer and let's just say it wasn't a visit I enjoyed. After six months of being on the list and being insured that I would get a car by the end of the year, my dealer has finally admited that they will not recieve the 20+ R8s that were anticipated. Instead they bluntly stated that they were only recieving 5-10, and I am around 14th on the list. Most likely, I will recieve my car in next years production run. I am affraid that I just cannot wait that long for my next car, seeing as my lease has ran out on my bmw. I need a car, and I need it asap. After hearing about the CLK63 Black series I went down to my Benz dealer and placed a deposit on that. So fellas, it all comes down to who will give me a car first. The CLK is a 2007 and will most likely arrive here in late summer so if my dealer recieves a car, it will be mine. That said, I will still keep my deposit on the R8 and see what happens with market value on the R8. If I can afford to, I will drive the R8 and sell it after a year or so. I am verry disappointed with Audi... these shortcomings are just not good for their image, and after all, isn't that supposed to be the purpose of the R8, to show that Audi can truly compete. If I recieve the CLK first, which is a car that hasn't been in the works for the past four years like the R8 has, they have officially lost in my book...:mad:
Harjitmann, I understand your frustration as you got screwed twice. Shame on the Audi dealer for misrepresentation. BTW, I would not want to be among the first group of buyers to receive this year's R8 production vehicles because I have this slightly uncomfortable feeling that not all bugs are worked out.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Harjitmann, I understand your frustration as you got screwed twice. Shame on the Audi dealer for misrepresentation. BTW, I would not want to be among the first group of buyers to receive this year's R8 production vehicles because I have this slightly uncomfortable feeling that not all bugs are worked out.
I'll keep you posted concerning the bugs :) Still hoping to get mine end of May begin June.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds more like a dealership problem to me, not an Audi one.

RB
It was an Audi dealer, and therefore an Audi representative. Plus, my salesmen was the manager, who is actually out driving the R8 in Phoenix. I just trusted that Audi aka Audi's representatives would have treated me better than this. Oh, and also, this has happened to me in 2 dealerships thus far.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Meanwhile Mercedes is running around like a bunch of mad men trying to find out where they can get me a CLK, be it through a dealer trade, or through Mercedes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you's be so considerate as to post the name of the dealership who's fvcking you around I'd appreciate it. My dealer here in Northern California is sending my salesman out next week for his R8 training.

You are now the second person this has happened to, and I believe it's in all our interests to "out" the A-holes that are doing this kind of business!

·
Registered
128 Posts
....It was an Audi dealer.....Plus, my salesmen was the manager.....would have treated me better than this.....and this has happened to me in 2 dealerships thus far....
Sorry to hear your situation, but then, these are car dealers after all.......

But you were wrong to ever believe their BS about the number of cars coming....I'll buy you a drink for every car they get over 2; and thats a promise!

Since November, my dealer has sworn "no more than 2 cars per dealer, no matter who they are!" There just aren't enough to go around in the '07 allocation. (although if they don't get their s**t together soon on equipment and options, ther will be at least one more car available.......)

james

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I even went so far as to say "should i place multiple deposits to insure a car, or are you sure that i will recieve a car from you?" and they still said stick with them. But whats done is done. BTW, the dealer was Rusnak of Pasadena, and you didnt hear this from me, because lol i might still keep my car when it comes in 09. But until then, I will have to find a new car...

·
Registered
149 Posts
There are a lot of difficult issues involved in all that has been discussed. All of us have been waiting a long time for this car - but this is not a usual development of an existing audi range car. It is a fundamental change in audi conceptual marketing and direction and judging by the interest they have produced something exceptional.

The information flow has not been maybe as polished and accurate as we have come to expect from audi and this has been compounded by a large amount of dealer ignorance ( which may not be totally their fault) and sometimes unwarranted optimism.

As with any huge change in business direction - it is usually accompanied by a few teething troubles which are by their very nature not foreseeable.

Personally I have heard as much misinformation and misguided projections as everybody else but I have to say that audi uk have been nothing but totally honest with me and that most of the hype has emanated from elsewhere.

On a last note anyone who has any allocation at all at the moment is probably a year ahead of the game in that if you went and ordered one tomorrow I would hate to think what delivery date you would get offered. If they were making 2-3000 a year and it was a 3 month waiting list you probably wouldnt want one - otherwise we would all have 911's. Lastly the hold-ups are obviously not intentional but have some quality assurance issues attached so it is reassuring that audi are putting a good product out and not just rushing it out and waiting for a potential recall down the line.

·
Registered
182 Posts
the clk looks and sounds fantastic i two am also considering one but still keeping my r8

·
Registered
274 Posts
dont give up yet...

no telling how many of those in front of you will drop out when it comes time to write the check!

----
and really feeling that pic above 08r8- very nice!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Too much to quote so ... click the little symbol in the edited quote below ... to see the full post ...
There are a lot of difficult issues involved in all that has been discussed. ... ... ...
... ... ...
... ... ... it is reassuring that audi are putting a good product out and not just rushing it out and waiting for a potential recall down the line.
Very nicely put ... when people get tired of things ... and I'm sure some of us are tired at the long wait ... it is all too easy to read a negative opinion somewhere ... and then side with it ... however, it's not often that a 'balanced' opinion with both sides of the story is told ... articles like that don't always help to sell a magazine ... or get a high hit rate 'online'.

I have spoken with Audi UK a fair bit recently ... where do you think some the information in my recent posts has come from :confused: ... and when you get the other side of the story things start falling into place ... as jeanplilly made reference to in his post.

Maybe there is a lesson to be learned here ... namely that you need to know both sides, or all aspects, of a story ... before you can come to an informed opinion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well paul, i completely understand the delay when it comes to recieving our cars. i just dont appreciate being lied to flat out. I guess you can say im more pissed at the dealer than audi, but i have for sure never been lied to at any other dealer just so that they could get a deposit out of me. it's not the wait, its waiting, and then finding out that what i was waiting for is a lie. thats all... so to clear up the post that started this thread, i am angry about Rusnak Audi of Pasadena and Michael's Audi of Fresno california and not audi in general. however, i do believe that audi should have more control over how their representatives are treating their customers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would seriously think about taking your case to audi USA and speak to some of the head honcho's. In general it sounds like you have been treated pretty shabbily by your dealer and I dont think central audi management would be too impressed. The service industries tend to be more attentive in USA than UK but not in your case.

·
Registered
840 Posts
well paul, i completely understand the delay when it comes to recieving our cars. i just dont appreciate being lied to flat out. I guess you can say im more pissed at the dealer than audi, but i have for sure never been lied to at any other dealer just so that they could get a deposit out of me. it's not the wait, its waiting, and then finding out that what i was waiting for is a lie. thats all... so to clear up the post that started this thread, i am angry about Rusnak Audi of Pasadena and Michael's Audi of Fresno california and not audi in general. however, i do believe that audi should have more control over how their representatives are treating their customers.
Fair comment ... I too would be ... very annoyed (to put it mildly) ... were I in a similar position!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Just got my delivery confirmed, first week of July. Two/three week delay approx.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts