Audi R8 Forums banner

Light package - worthy extra?

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  R8 TULSA 
#1 ·
Merry Christmas to all!
Does anyone have view on whether light package including LED's over engine bay are worthy extra - are they visible while car in motion/can you turn them off and what is overall effect? Also is B&O sound system with CD autochanger MP3 compatable as brochure unclear on this?
Simon

#5 ·
Simon B,

If you go for the SAT NAV option, the CD autochanger is essential (if you intend to use CD's).

Without it, there is only one CD slot, and that will be occupied by the navigation DVD.

MP3 works regardless. The screen folds down to give two MP3 SD card slots. This is a standard feature on all R8's.

Personally, I don't like the light package and think the money better spent on other options. But, its down to personal preferences and budget rather than functionality...............

#6 ·
Seemed like a good deal to me for just £230 extra compared to ordering just the auto dimming rear view mirror and rain sensor considering it includes the led footwell lighting as well as the engine bay lighting.

#8 · (Edited)
I thought the engine bay lights were a bit too gimmiky for me, but I've had a number of people ask me if they were fitted to mine so they could have a look!!!
My multi changer plays CD's burned from iTunes, but as has been said before, "real" MP3's are better played throughthe SD card slots behind the Nav screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.