Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the light package and should i get one? also is it worth getting the alacantra headlining? do you think an ice silver with oxygen silver blades will look good? would carbon sigma blades work better?

·
Registered
184 Posts
1 - Light package. Can't see the need for lights in the engine bay... maybe on an old Cortina when it breaks down in the dead of night, but not on an R8. I have the "dipping rear view mirror" option which gives you the auto lights and wipers without the dodgy engine lighting.
Apologies to anyone who has that option BTW!

2 - Alcantara Headlining. I didn't have this on my wishlist, but the one I ended up with has it and I'm glad it does. Looks really good.

3 - Ice Silver. For me, you need to do the CF 'Blades. Just to break up the lines and add some contrast (sorry Jon!)

I'm sure you'll get some conflicting answers here..! Best way is to go and look at some, the real world will answer your questions much better than looking in a brochure.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
silver with carbon blades looks great, that was the spec of the first r8 I saw in the flesh when I took a test drive.

I do think the alcantara headlining is worth going for - it's very noticeable in the car and gives it a more luxurious feel.

I ticked the lighting package as it came with the dimming rearview and rain sensor but the actual engine lights I don't think I'll ever want to use.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I haven't seen the Oxygen in the flesh and it isn't a option I would select. I do like it with C/F :)

My son wanted me to have the light package but he is a complete chav. I don't have the lights....

I agree about the alcantara roof lining which looks great but I ran out of money so mine has gone without :(

·
Registered
131 Posts
I love the engine lights when I come to unlock the car at night, but I wouldn't pay extra for them. Mine came standard.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the lighting - it came with the car, its a neat little thing, but is it worth the money - probbaly not.

As for the sideblade in CF, for me the light blue work better - I don't think the lines need breaking up, its all a matter of personal opinion.

Alcantara headlining - looks fab, I have it, but at about £1,100 it's an expensive option for fake leather which is about 1m/sq - a bit of a rip off (actually, like most of the extras!)

·
Registered
772 Posts
I'd get the full light package. I originally didnt want to pay extra for the engine lights but then changed my mind and got them. Theyre not that expensive and a bit of a gimmick but when you lock/unlock the car at night they remind you everytime that youre driving something special.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I'd get the full light package. I originally didnt want to pay extra for the engine lights but then changed my mind and got them. Theyre not that expensive and a bit of a gimmick but when you lock/unlock the car at night they remind you everytime that youre driving something special.
I have the engine lights but I don't really notice them. Actually, I find it difficult to forget I am driving something special (my wife thinks I am obsessed ...she may be right ....and I'm loving it) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts