Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Light & Rain sensors advice please

I'm currently looking at a car that meets all my tick boxes apartfrom one.
The Light and Rain Sensors.

Does anybody know whether this can be added by some control module?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apparently this car has Heated / electric door mirrors which means I have been told that it will come with an auto dimming rear view mirror. Now from looking at the extras in the R8 Brochure if you have an interior auto dimming mirror you also get the light and rain sensors.

Is this correct?

Also the seller states that it doesnt have the light package so I presume then all I will be missing is the illuminated footwell lights and engine compartment. (dam)

Cant be that difficult to add the engine light can it. Do the side panels have the positions for the lights?

Many thanks

Dave.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
It should come with light/rain sensors if it has the audo dim/fold/heated door mirrors as that comes with auto dim rear view which comes with light/rain sensors.

I wouldn't personally have specced the light package knowing what I know now - I never get to see the engine bay lights given I don't use the coming/leaving home function which is the only time they activate.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Randombloke,

I will find a spec that i want soon. Its a nightmare so few R tronics around and not one thats meets all my tick boxes.
I thought the coming/leaving home lights function was standard as in the brouchure under lights package it only says ' Includes auto dimming rear view mirror,light & rain sensors and led lights illuminating footwell and engine compartment.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I think the coming/leaving home lights thing is standard - there's a switch to turn the function on under the main light switch. I'm just not a fan of using that option, so I don't get to see the engine bay lights as a result.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts