Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys.

Im looking to upgrade to the akrapovic carbon fibre exhaust tips and the OEM LMS side blades.

Can someone with the knowledge advise me

1. Will the akrapovic carbon tips fit the stock exhaust ? I’m pretty sure they will but want to confirm.

2. Do the LMS side blades need updated ducting. Some say yes others no. Would appreciate someone who has done the install.

3. Is it true the LMS side blades come in carbon fibre that needs to be clear coated?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
767 Posts
I can only answer two of your questions

2. Do the LMS side blades need updated ducting. Some say yes others no. Would appreciate someone who has done the install.
Yes, air ducks are different. You can get the ducks for LMS, or reuse the existing ducks. I've separated the two sides of the original docks, inserted a piece of plastic in the opening, and used a heatgun to reshape the ducts to fit to the new opening.

3. Is it true the LMS side blades come in carbon fibre that needs to be clear coated?
Yes, they come naked. You have to have them clear coated (or wrapped.)

·
Vendor
2,032 Posts
2. No idea where this ducting story comes from.…it certainly does not relate whatsoever to the OEM LMS side blades. The GT4 LMS does not take any engine air feed through the side ducts. The side ducts are only for the oil coolers on the GT4.

There might be replica companies out there that have made custom wider side ducts as part of a replica blade kit. No such OEM part exists.

3. All OEM LMS carbon is in unfinished matte and is also thinner for weight saving. You would need to refinish and clear coat.

We can supply you OEM LMS parts, The blades required the wider mesh grilles as well - which we keep in stock. Our OEM pure carbon set is the same price as the replicas out there.

Hope you are well and kind regards

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

Audi R8 LMS GT4

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2. No idea where this ducting story comes from.…it certainly does not relate whatsoever to the OEM LMS side blades. The GT4 LMS does not take any engine air feed through the side ducts. The side ducts are only for the oil coolers on the GT4.

There might be replica companies out there that have made custom wider side ducts as part of a replica blade kit. No such OEM part exists.

3. All OEM LMS carbon is in unfinished matte and is also thinner for weight saving. You would need to refinish and clear coat.

We can supply you OEM LMS parts, The blades required the wider mesh grilles as well - which we keep in stock. Our OEM pure carbon set is the same price as the replicas out there.

View attachment 269876

Audi R8 LMS GT4
Hey m

View attachment 269876

Audi R8 LMS GT4
Thanks mate.

Can you clear coat them prior to shipping ?

Can you WhatsApp a price including shipping with mesh.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2017 V10 Plus. Mythos Black Metallic>X-Pel Black Stealth full body PP+9H Ceramic
910 Posts
Hi guys.

Im looking to upgrade to the akrapovic carbon fibre exhaust tips and the OEM LMS side blades.

Can someone with the knowledge advise me

1. Will the akrapovic carbon tips fit the stock exhaust ? I’m pretty sure they will but want to confirm.

Thanks in advance
to answer your question about the Akra tips. The tips screw on the inside of your bumper. The stock tailpipes should fit right in between and be suspended (meaning not connected to the tips)

I have an Akra exhaust and the tips also
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Akra tips alone are no longer sold separately - only with the whole exhaust

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive tried a couple and they wouldn't sell. Not worth the headache anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts