Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 17 R8 Plus and looking for some great logo mats for the car. Any ideas on where to get them?

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
I have a beautiful set that came from Osman (R8 Stuff / OEM-Motorsports) here on the forum. High quality and they look great - plus, Osman is a long time vendor on the site, and his service has been top notch.

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Here's a pic where you can see them - the pic was really of the new driving gloves when I got them, so I apologize that the mats are a bit of an after-thought to the photo (and a bit dirty!). But again, they're nice quality, and I love them! Mine are trimmed red to match the exterior of the car.

R8 with gloves.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
We have a set of Gen 2 red trimmed mats in stock and ready to ship.
Please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Got a custom set made from Andrew at Exoticare in Canada.

·
Registered
332 Posts
really like these a lot, do you have contact info for the person who made them? also how much?
I wanted some Exiticare mats till i saw how much they cost. 600 USD for the ones i wanted was a bit much for something that i put my feet on.. Love the mats though. best ones I've seen for R8.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I bought mine from Auto style. Second set. Also bought a pair for my S8. Love them
Nice mats...I particularly like the heel protectors.

Did they come with the mats ?

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
It's an option to order them that way. I was wondering about the heel plate on the passenger side. I like how it looks with the aluminum pad also, didn't think I would. Thanks for showing ccapozzoli, gonna grab another set now!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I bought these on eBay UK for £40. Quality is similar to the original Audi carpets - thin pile and synthetic border. So far holding up well, still looking like new after 5,000 miles You can buy really high quality carpets for less than £70. Some of the vendors will not apply the manufacturer or model logos, while some will apply them but not advertise it - you need to call them directly. There is no way I would spend $400 on mats - there's a fair bit of "R8 tax" on some of the available options.

R8 carpets (3).jpg
R8 carpets (2).jpg
R8 carpets (1).jpg

·
Registered
222 Posts
Do be careful of the lower priced mats. I bought some on eBay and they were literally garbage. Got a refund after some headache. No you don’t need to spend $400+, but caution on the deal that’s too good to be true.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
The differences in price might be a reflection of the fact that "R8" is not a registered trade mark whereas the Audi rings are, so anyone can supply "R8" logo mats but not with the Audi rings as well, unless authorised by Audi. Just a thought to justify the vastly differences in prices!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I can’t imagine R8 and the original script, as well as the new script with the red badge isn’t trademarked. All of the model desihnations would be I would have to imagine.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts